View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Heading off DMT Problems

gordonliddy

Bluelighter
A buddy of mine has approached me and told me that he wants to get high as a kite. Meanwhile, he's done everything right. Like me, he tried acid and didn't like it. But like me he also loves molly.

It seems like DMT is next on the list.

I guess what I'm asking is, well first would the crowd here confirm that there seem to be few traumatic DMT experiences? Acid causes it's share of problems, but I reason that the major problem with acid is that it simply lasts too long. DMT doesn't last long at all.

Anyway I'll get to the point. Is there anything that I should be looking for that should warn me that this guy won't like it? Because traumatic DMT doesn't really seem to be a thing. Otherwise he shows all the right signs.

He will definitely get a wild ride, maybe just not the one he expects. Possibly the one he needs. It’s a very short trip and as long as he has some sense to try to “let go” he will be fine. Just going into it expecting to “get high as a kite” is a fools errand with dmt. Please report back !

DMT doesn't last long but is exponentially more intense than most recreational doses of acid. There is still time for someone to become extremely confused and agitated; 20 minutes is longer than you'd think. That said, I've smoked it with completely
psychedelic-naive people and they've navigated it perfectly well. The fact remains though, I've seen others with more experience become very worked up and panicked. To get "high as a kite", maybe this isn't the best drug. It's DMT, one of the most powerful hallucinogens we know of.

If you go ahead, just start low.

Please report back !

Roger and will comply.

DMT doesn't last long but is exponentially more intense than most recreational doses of acid.

Agreed but the problem with acid is that acid is....kind of weird? I only have done DMT once about twenty-five years ago back when nobody had heard of it. Had a really neat experience. My sentiments here are more that I don't have the right to deny this man this experience when he seems to pass all of the pre-flight checks.

There is still time for someone to become extremely confused and agitated; 20 minutes is longer than you'd think. That said, I've smoked it with completely
psychedelic-naive people and they've navigated it perfectly well.

Yeah, we're in agreement. I'm planning some breathing exercises to lead in with him. If his frame seems good then perhaps I'll dose him. You'd agree with me that there are very few traumatic experiences?

The fact remains though, I've seen others with more experience become very worked up and panicked.

Right-O. But what's the common denominator? He doesn't seem to have problems letting go. I repeat, what should I look for in a man that says he's not ready to meet the space elves? I don't see any signs in him. He seems to have responded well in initial assessment.

To get "high as a kite", maybe this isn't the best drug.

If you can name one better, I'd be forever in your debt. Name one with three or four times the kick of molly....that doesn't have the unhwolesomeness of LSD? He's a very somatic person, mostly a social. I tend to think he's like meeting the space elves but what I'm looking for is a list of indications that someone is going to have a traumatic time. But I'm starting to gather that those are actually rare.

If you go ahead, just start low.

See that's what I want to talk to you about. My pusher can get vape pens. What is it that you think I should know. Presumably I should do a trial run on my own. How many puffs do you reckon I should have?

Yeah, we're in agreement. I'm planning some breathing exercises to lead in with him. If his frame seems good then perhaps I'll dose him. You'd agree with me that there are very few traumatic experiences?

I would agree.

Right-O. But what's the common denominator?
Honestly, I'd say dosage which is a variable that can normally be well controlled.

If you can name one better, I'd be forever in your debt. Name one with three or four times the kick of molly....that doesn't have the unhwolesomeness of LSD? He's a very somatic person, mostly a social. I tend to think he's like meeting the space elves but what I'm looking for is a list of indications that someone is going to have a traumatic time. But I'm starting to gather that those are actually rare.
I would say 2C-D if you can get that. The perfect psychedelic, easily navigated but able to provide the full gamut of effects.

See that's what I want to talk to you about. My pusher can get vape pens. What is it that you think I should know. Presumably I should do a trial run on my own. How many puffs do you reckon I should have?
I have no idea but as you cannot go lower than one puff, try that first and adjust as needed. You can always take more but can never take less 😀

Agreed but the problem with acid is that acid is....kind of weird?
Acid also lasts a long time and really gives you the time to ponder over how weird it is. By the time you really start analyzing things while on dmt you are coming down, the beginning you are more in awe than analysis mode.
My pusher can get vape pens. What is it that you think I should know. Presumably I should do a trial run on my own. How many puffs do you reckon I should have?
Start with a couple and see how you feel. Without knowing the specifics it’s hard to tell, that’s why the product in crystal form is better albeit less accessible. In my experience when I take to little I get an inner voice telling me to “take another hit!”