• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Head cold and congestion. What do you do to feel better?

ish675

Bluelighter
I've got a cold and feel like crap. I am on suboxone anyway so I take that, vape some weed, pseudoephedrine, and energy drink, and a couple of xanax bars. What do you guys and girls do for your cold and flu symptoms? I would be interested to learn any new ideas and I'll be on the couch here all day.

Just one hell of a lot cocktail for a mere cold and congestion. I wonder what would you do if you had something more serious :)

I'll pretty much just stay hydrated by taking some warm water with honey. If I got fever I'll take paracetamol if it is severe but if it isn't I just let my immune system to handle that too.

If I get pneumonia I start smoking crack. ;-) The pseudo and xanax are really the only additions to the normal routine anyway.

I rarely get colds and find dimetapp more effective than Sudafed. For itchy cough, mucinex dm or it's generic is very good for drying up the secretions so I can sleep.

I personally like coricidin or even just chlorphenamine maleate for sneezing. That stuff can make me go from sneezing non stop to kind of feeling like i want to sneeze but can't get it to happen. Now that's an effective antihistamine great for when I'm at work.

But for the other part Sudafed (the good meth kind) helps a lot for the congestion and even gives me a bit of energy which is good because antihistamines can make me a bit drowsy. Then mucinex at night same as TC. I am thankful I was able to find a working combo for myself some of the common ones are complete garbage. And be sure to read labels and make sure you taking into account everything as lots of combo meds have acetaminophen. You don't want to hurt your liver because you have the sniffles :)

^yeah if you can get Sudafed in your town without a script, do it, it's great. If not I go for the DPH ibuprofen combo myself. More hot drinks and spicy food than normal too.

Ginger tea works wonders!!!

I know it may sound stupid that a natural ingredient such as ginger can cure flu symptoms, but it really does.Most prescription drugs which contain aspirin, paracetamol or pseudoephedrine don't cure the symptoms they simply mask them, therefore when the effects of the medicine begin to wear off, you'll feel worse than before

Try drinking 3-4 teas throughout the day, you'll definitely feel way better than taking any prescription drug. It makes you sweat eliminating the toxins inside your body, it relieves sore throat and takes away any type of nausea. I had extremely positive experiences with it, it mostly works when you first start to feel the flu symptoms.

Try it, if it works good, if it doesn't you drank a couple of good teas.

Last edited:
garlic is a good natural antibiotic thatll help during a cold along with just staying hydrated
of if you can get some sudafed get some of that

You take Xanax and energy drinks for cold : )? That's crazy.

Xanax for a cold knocks you the fuck out. It's nice to get a good night sleep while sick. Energy drinks have caffine and B vitamans, both of which are good for being sick, (caffine is a decongestant) a little sugar doesn't hurt either. I don't take a bottle of bars and a carton of energy drinks for a cold. A drink helps you get moving and a bar helps you sleep. I don't get why that's crazy. As I said I take subs anyway so thats not for the cold.

RDP89 gets what's going on. This is a drug forum, I was expecting to hear opiates, benzos, coke, whatever, but it's crazy to take a bar and have a red bull. *facepalm*

Ginger is good. Especially in the early stages of a cold, with a sore throat. Garlic also, especially if it is fresh (uncooked).

But personally I always eat massive, massive anounts of chilli when i have congestion.
Drugs are a temporary solution that can often prolong the illness. Sure, things amphetamine and pseudoephedrine will dry your sinuses temporarily, and opiates can inhibit a cough and take away aches and pains, but they don't do your immune system any favours.
Spicy food, on the other hand, makes your sinuses run and in doing so, clears them out. Works for me, but i'm a chilli fiend.

RDP89 gets what's going on. This is a drug forum, I was expecting to hear opiates, benzos, coke, whatever, but it's crazy to take a bar and have a red bull. *facepalm*

This is a "harm reduction board specializing in the education of both legal and illegal drugs as a means to improve the lives of members in society through a fluid and on going project"

That is to say these are drugs, in fact some of the most widely used ones so this thread is exactly what i expected at this stage in the game. We should be able to decide which drugs have the best application and it shouldnt be a wonder that methods designed for curing diseases and symptoms are the most widely used, rather then strange off label use of narcotics to fight off something we all experience :)

Szuko000, I take it so that if these questions get answers like tylenol or ginger tea then moderators and most members of bluelight have achieved to live for the function of bluelight : )

ish675, Although members of bluelight might have a different views of drug use than most of their society it doesn't mean they are promoting drug use and especially they won't be promoting reckless use of drugs but instead are trying to reduce harms caused by drug use *facepalm* :)

Use of drugs isn't misuse or abuse. I've battled with that question for years and I've come to find that just because a doctor won't give it to you, or society won't let you have it, doesn't mean that it's automatically abuse. I'm sure the AMA wouldn't recommend opioids for a simple headcold, but I have a french pharmaceutical handbook that recommends tincture of opium for just about everything. Even getting high is a legitimate use of drugs. If your intention is to alter your mind by ingesting a chemical, as long as YOU decide that the risks to YOU are worth the reward then go for it. If a drug has the effect of "mind altering" and making you feel good, rhat seems seems like a perfectly valid off label use to me. This is more about off label use, and I'm just suprised, since I'm not talking about getting wasted, that I'm getting so much pushback, off label use is still harm reduction, especially since my question was geared around what would be a good combo to take (obviously implying that I'm not trying to hurt myself here).

Szuko000, I take it so that if these questions get answers like tylenol or ginger tea then moderators and most members of bluelight have achieved to live for the function of bluelight : )

ish675, Although members of bluelight might have a different views of drug use than most of their society it doesn't mean they are promoting drug use and especially they won't be promoting reckless use of drugs but instead are trying to reduce harms caused by drug use *facepalm* :)

I would say that sums it up and why i said "at this time" is because this board along with the internet have existed for long enough that there is plenty of first hand accounts and information sharing... i think at this point we have access to what is needed to find suitable remedies for colds without resorting to off label use. :)

That doesnt make off label use not warranted in some situations; I will share that while i had a cold and was studying for finals i took adderall, i attribute this to its vascular constricting effect but it removed the inflammation in my nose and i was able to breath again. I did this by mistake as i was studying anyway but it was an interesting side effect.

I'm not mad nobody told me to smoke crack. :) I was just merely implying that the tone of this forum has changed over te past few years.

It is indeed stupid when people mix just using drugs with harm reduction. Using drugs saftely and responsibly isnt harmful.

Pseudoephedrine is one of the few medicines you can get without a script that does exactly what it's supposed to. Guaifenesin is very effective if you're trying to hurry mucus out of your lungs. Weed increases congestion but generally makes me feel a lot better, as do opioids.

If you have no access to sudafed, I guess you could take LSA. :D