• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

News He spiked his father’s tea to access $400,000 in cryptocurrency. His dad awoke two days later.

I bet magnesium would make half of them feel 5 times better (yay I got pills!)
you're probably right

I seriously don't understand this trend of kids diagnosing themselves with all sorts of weird mental issues, it's like a lot of them WANT to be labeled like that

back in the day they were just "weird kids", now they're "Biphasic Identity Multi Attention Depressive Affective Disorder" by the age of 17

I think pharma companies are being marketed way too aggressively to children.

Go back far enough in time and people were either Sane or Insane, nothing in between.

Man I feel like it's not helping a kid develop into an adult by telling them there is something wrong with them and feeding them pills

feels like a double edge sword

I dunno, I'm no scientist

maybe humans really are devolving into mush brains, I sure am

Remember when this was a widely accepted wayto get laid rather than a cunning but scabulous way to get rich?

Computers? Nah man it's the fucking smartphones. At least you need to get off the PC to eat, go to the toilet, run an errand, work, whatever.
Makes sense. Even faster dopamin hits + other negative shiet. Facebook is not worth it.... or twitter.

you're probably right

I seriously don't understand this trend of kids diagnosing themselves with all sorts of weird mental issues, it's like a lot of them WANT to be labeled like that

back in the day they were just "weird kids", now they're "Biphasic Identity Multi Attention Depressive Affective Disorder" by the age of 17

I think pharma companies are being marketed way too aggressively to children.
They're terminally online and they do it for social clout. For some reason people think it's cool or whatever to suffer from a mental illness. They're just desperate for some kind of label because heaven forbid they might be just a fucking ORDINARY teen with ordinary teen mood swings and adjustment problems.

A few years back everyone was diagnosing themselves with manic depression, because how can you be a tortured genius writing bad poetry in your bedsit without that, right. Then everyone pretended to be bisexual because they thought it made them spicier. Right now claiming to be autistic seems to be a major fashion trend (I mean most of them diagnose themselves with the entire handbook of psychiatric disorders, but autism is ALWAYS on the list for some reason). Basically stupid kids trying to be edgy.

... Whatever happened to just being an emo or a goth ffs

Last edited:
as a zoomer myself (age 20) i'll chime in

there certainly are many 'chronically online' people who self diagnose and try to have the most diagnoses, labels, etc.

but i genuinely think this is a small minority of people. a vocal minority in online spaces and then add in tucker carlson types ranting about them constantly and you only add fuel to the fire

generalizing this victim mindset to all gen z is just dishonest.

but this is getting sort of off topic so i kindly ask everyone to keep the generational arguments to the side and let's try to discuss the news story at hand. thanks 😘

there certainly are many 'chronically online' people who self diagnose and try to have the most diagnoses, labels, etc.

but i genuinely think this is a small minority of people. a vocal minority in online spaces
.. That's as maybe but it's still a problem. Because this minority is unfortunately VOCAL.

It's a bunch of delusional narcissists that are shouting the loudest, and because of that, they are what every fucking NORMAL sane person encounters first when they look up terms like 'autistic' online.

And unsurprisingly, these people are also always very much against the need for any professional medical diagnosis, because they just wanna claim the label; and they know that no actual doctor / psychiatrist worth his salt would ever give them the time of day. Speaking as someone with an official diagnosis of autism (by 2 independent assessors) I cannot even fucking BEGIN to say how much damage this shit does to us and to the general public perception of people like myself, because NOW because of these freaks people think that a severe congenital impairment is just a *quirky* personality trait.

.. That's as maybe but it's still a problem. Because this minority is unfortunately VOCAL.
yeah, that's a huge problem with the internet in general.. the tiny voices always end up being the strongest and most trending

the main problem is there are millions of people living as if that were real life

@thegreenhand I don't think anyone is directly insulting your generation, the older will always laugh at the younger generation as a way to cope with their own.

Personally, I think humanity is growing at a pace it cannot control and is going to implode soon

as a zoomer myself (age 20) i'll chime in

but i genuinely think this is a small minority of people. a vocal minority in online spaces and then add in tucker carlson types ranting about them constantly and you only add fuel to the fire

generalizing this victim mindset to all gen z is just dishonest.

but this is getting sort of off topic so i kindly ask everyone to keep the generational arguments to the side and let's try to discuss the news story at hand. thanks 😘

I agree that every generation in every time has had a fair share of anxiety-ridden hypochondriacs. People have always looked for explanations for why they feel shitty.

However, in the current zeitgeist I think there is something different going on. People who previously might have been hypochondriacs in another age are and maybe some other types of people seem to increasingly seek Victim status to explain their inability to thrive in the world or to garner admiration and respect as a Survivor. It’s not always the younger generation but I think it is evident most there.

It’s a bizarre inverted kind of morality that values Victimhood so highly as it diminishes most other traditional virtues.

I agree that every generation in every time has had a fair share of anxiety-ridden hypochondriacs. People have always looked for explanations for why they feel shitty.

However, in the current zeitgeist I think there is something different going on. People who previously might have been hypochondriacs in another age are and maybe some other types of people seem to increasingly seek Victim status to explain their inability to thrive in the world or to garner admiration and respect as a Survivor. It’s not always the younger generation but I think it is evident most there.

It’s a bizarre inverted kind of morality that values Victimhood so highly as it diminishes most other traditional virtues.
Awesome. I always understand everything you write. Even if its everything. ☺⚘