View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HBWR Experiment: How Long to Steep the Seeds for CWE

MarcusJD9999

Bluelighter
I'm planning on attempting a CWE with HBWR seeds. I will probably use 5 or 6 seeds an grind them up to a powder, adding the powder to a tea bag followed by stapling it shut and letting the sack steep in cold water for a certain amount if time.

My question is, how long should I let it steep? Some TEKs or examples say 20 minutes, some say 1 hour, some say 2 hours and some say 12 it 24 hours. Some even say two days or even a week. I would like a response from someone who has experience with trying this before, not from someone who has just read it online and thinks I should go for that.

I was planning on letting it steep for about 7-15 hours.

Thanks

Hey marcus, do you mind keeping different questions about LSA-containing seeds in the same thread? This is really cluttering up the forum man..

Let me merge your other threads and combine this in later.

Oh sorry. Ok. How would I do that?
____

If you are a moderator and can do that then just delete the rest and keep this one up. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
- If you want to add something after just having posted something, don't add another post - use the edit button to modify that first post, and write the extra stuff.

- Your other questions in the different threads were pooled here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/776746-Various-questions-on-HBWR-Seeds

- We don't really delete threads on this forum unless it is really harmful in some way. Inappropriate stuff is 'hidden'. But redundancies are mostly saved. The point of all this is that you guys not only participate in fresh discussions but also use the forum as an archive. There is a lot of information to be found if you try searching. For example use the PD Index which has a centralized MGS / HBWR thread (you seem to have checked stuff I am glad to see, but apparently have problems drawing conclusions) and the google-powered search engine at the top left.

- Also check sites like the DMT Nexus, they tend to have a lot of teks for natural entheogens. For this particular question, just google the shit out of:
HBWR hawaiian baby woodrose morning glory seeds CWE extraction tek, for example.

- As for steeping time, 20 minutes seems a little short but it may get a reasonable portion of alkaloids out. At the start you can expect extraction to go fast, then the closer you come to completion the slower further progress goes... then slower and slower so you never quite reach 100% technically, but perhaps relatively close. However if you strain and add more water, the process starts over only this time only accounting for the alkaloids that were left over. The reason is dilution, by spreading it over about 3 pulls you move up an order of magnitude each time. This is the reason chemists are often fond of ~ 2 repeats, it is the most efficient way to get virtually all significant yield / result.

Taking a few hours to do this should be fine, more and it may start getting bad for the stability of your alkaloids. No tap water of course.

Use this info as well:
https://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction1.shtml
https://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction2.shtml

Some people extract with an added acid like citric acid (e.g. from lemons), ascorbic acid is perhaps also a great option as it is an anti-oxidant as bonus. No idea personally if it is true that this too helps avoid nausea.

- If you want to add something after just having posted something, don't add another post - use the edit button to modify that first post, and write the extra stuff.

- Your other questions in the different threads were pooled here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/776746-Various-questions-on-HBWR-Seeds

- We don't really delete threads on this forum unless it is really harmful in some way. Inappropriate stuff is 'hidden'. But redundancies are mostly saved. The point of all this is that you guys not only participate in fresh discussions but also use the forum as an archive. There is a lot of information to be found if you try searching. For example use the PD Index which has a centralized MGS / HBWR thread (you seem to have checked stuff I am glad to see, but apparently have problems drawing conclusions) and the google-powered search engine at the top left.

- Also check sites like the DMT Nexus, they tend to have a lot of teks for natural entheogens. For this particular question, just google the shit out of:
HBWR hawaiian baby woodrose morning glory seeds CWE extraction tek, for example.

- As for steeping time, 20 minutes seems a little short but it may get a reasonable portion of alkaloids out. At the start you can expect extraction to go fast, then the closer you come to completion the slower further progress goes... then slower and slower so you never quite reach 100% technically, but perhaps relatively close. However if you strain and add more water, the process starts over only this time only accounting for the alkaloids that were left over. The reason is dilution, by spreading it over about 3 pulls you move up an order of magnitude each time. This is the reason chemists are often fond of ~ 2 repeats, it is the most efficient way to get virtually all significant yield / result.

Taking a few hours to do this should be fine, more and it may start getting bad for the stability of your alkaloids. No tap water of course.

Use this info as well:
https://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction1.shtml
https://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction2.shtml

Some people extract with an added acid like citric acid (e.g. from lemons), ascorbic acid is perhaps also a great option as it is an anti-oxidant as bonus. No idea personally if it is true that this too helps avoid nausea.

Wow, thanks for all the advice and info. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by dilution and pulling three times. I have it sitting and after three hours if steeping I will add some lemon juice and might even drop a peppermint tea tea bag in their at the 5 hour mark later tonight. It is in a cool dark place, steeping. At the 7 hour mark I will probably remove the tea bag(s) and drink the remaining liquid after adding a little bit of honey.

This is what I'm going for and I hope this works.

Again: you can use the [edit] button :) It's right there in your posts..
Np and by dilution I mean: by extracting you 'pull' the alkaloids into the water. There is a certain solubility allowed for the alkaloids, that would be the concentration (better term here than dilution). By three times I mean that after an hour you can strain the seed pulp and keep the alkaloid-rich water, then add new water to the seed pulp. It's like reusing a tea bag a few times. That is sometimes a bit more effective than just letting it sit for a long time.
It's always good to get the most surface area of seed in contact with the most refreshed water. Mixing it a little every now and then also has that effect.

That makes since. I used a pretty tall glass of water so that would leave me with a lot of water to drink in the end. I'll probably just let it sit the whole time in the same glass for this experiment.

How long does it take for HBWR to kick in? If at the two hour mark I don't feel effects, I might eat that seed mush (7 HBWR seeds mixed with around 150 morning glory seeds).