Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hayfever Reaction to LSD (For years)

ContraryRabbit

Greenlighter
Hi,

Ive tried posting this a few times but it keeps disappearing. Forgive me if it's actually lost somewhere on the forum. New user.

For years now, every time I use LSD I get very watery eyes and a very puffy face..

Tried taking hayfever meds which I think help a little but not a lot.

Any ideas/solutions?

Cheers.

Oh thank goodness. This one posted. Been having issues. Dont want to edit my originally message in case I 'do something'. This is indeed the only thread which posted.

Thanks for any help on this!

Its really a bothering issue. I enjoy LSD. The hayfever can really be distracting and unpleasant.

Find another drug.. It sucks but it's more than likely gonna get worse everytime and could get dangerous. I have a friend that almost died from a gradual lsd allergy like this

Thats pretty heavy.

My pharmists said that not all anti-histamines work for everyone. That it may just be a matter of finding the right type of anri-histamine.

Ill try messaging a doctor I know of who does a lot of work in drug reform and alcohol and other drugs and not do it until I have some solid medical advice first then.

Thanks people

My friend has the same issue and he takes Cetirizine (Zyrtec) - seems to be working for him.

Yeah the Pharmist I just called said to try another hayfever pill.

BUT I have a Neuropharmologist who works for a high profile Psychedelic Society giving me a call this afternoon to discuss it ?! Ill report back what she says ! ??

Hayfever may be a common and harmless allergic reaction you seem to automatically compare it with, but as was suggested it could get comparable to a peanut allergy where if unlucky you go into anaphylactic shock. People who have that allergy don't go around eating peanut butter with an antihistamine on hand, they avoid ingesting peanuts and may have an epi-pen on hand just in case.

IMO find another psychedelic that is not a lysergamide rather than gambling on it not being progressive. Maybe other people have an allergy that is not progressive and manage it with the right antihistamine but it depends on whether it is really worth it to you risking it being progressive.