• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hawaiin baby woodrose seeds kicked in instantly for me-why?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I have a high metabolism and drugs always kick in earlier than normal for me but I just took some HWBR seeds and I feel the heavy head feeling and its onyl been like 5 minutes. I soaked em in water first for 20iush minutes then i kept em in my 2 cheeks for 10 min then i chewed em. I've done these guys before then they took about 1 hour and 30 minutes to kick in idk why its right away now. it definetly isnt placebo. anyone know the answer?

The extraction + possibly the fundal absorption ... yes it can be rapid.

With fresh mushrooms blended in multi-fruit juice I also had effect in 5 minutes. Also a high dose can allow you to feel the onset quicker and more intense, and last but not least: some partial placebo can actually get the party started (potentiated) because expectations can manifest that strongly.

If you're thinking: that's not possible... yes it actually is, people are amazed when they learn how extreme placebo can be on occasion, even if it's not always bizarrely strong.

Pretty sure that onset of effects can get quicker the more experienced a person becomes, the first time with a drug can have a long onset.. at least part of the story is learning what to expect. Our body can also learn to start counteracting the effects physically... triggered mentally by the expectation, this counteraction can be so strong that without it a person can OD for example on heroin.
That is not exactly placebo, more related to tolerance and maybe even mithraditism? But it's a similar phenomenon that demonstrates that placebo can be strong enough to fool a person as convincingly as you are convinced that it couldn't be placebo - or more..

take your pick :)

Last edited:
After years of taking psychedelics, dissociatives, and various other mind expanding substances I've reached a point where as soon as I put a blotter of LSD on my tongue, my energy noticeably changes. Whether it's an actual physical/chemical/biological reaction or simply an energetic change due to my self knowing what's in store, I'm not sure, but it can definitely happen. And in terms of verifiable effects hitting quickly, as Solipsis said, the higher the dose the faster it tends to kick in.

Also a high dose can allow you to feel the onset quicker and more intense
Well, I did take 18 seeds. I'm on abilify which weakens the effects, and i think the strain of the seeds is pretty bad, but it's still a high dose. The abilify weakens the effects but it doesn't take any longer to kick in, so maybe it didn't effect the high dose being part of the reason why it kicked in so quickly.