• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Having trouble registering

bnghit3

Bluelighter
So I am not a regular IV user but I still have a hell of a time finding good veins. I am pretty sure I am hitting the one in the crook of my arm but not positive if I am hitting or missing. There is no pain at injection site and after I pulled the needle out it bleed a little bit and there was some blood in the syringe to. Does that mean that I hit? I have missed before and it is usually a little sore and get a bit swollen. The main problem is that this dope is fairly dark and it?s hard to see the blood when I pull back. I really don?t wanna waste this dope skin popping, not to mention the possibility of an abscess, so just want to figure out if when there is blood in the rig after the shot if that most likely means I was in a vein? Also no bump or pain at the injection site, is probably a good sign I would assume?

I feel your pain. Dark gear can make it a real bitch to determine when you've registered. What you need to do is focus on the point where the needle enters the barrel. When you pierce the vein, there should be some turbulence visible at this point, even if you can't see the colour of blood. Stop and draw back and you should see even more turbulence. That's when you need to shoot. Unfortunately, it's very easy to go straight through the vein so the presence of blood in the syringe isn't always indicative of a successful hit. However, a miss is usually accompanied by some discomfort or swelling at the site - particularly if you're using acid to break down basic gear.

But the best indicator of whether you've hit or missed is the effect...

Make sure to use new rigs too. After one use the needle starts to Frey, and that can make it harder to hit a vein imho.