• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Having Sex with an Uncircumcised Guy Make You More Likely to Catch an STD?

Changa707

Bluelighter
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/sex-and-relationships/circumcision-and-stds

So this is my first post in Sex, Love and Relationships. My girlfriend just showed me this article which claims that uncricumsised males are more likely to catch and transmit STD's. I'm uncircumsised myself and wonder if there is truth to this? I mean, I know there is a lot of misinformation and fear mongering out there...especially when it comes to people defending a cultural practice that dates back thousands of years.
I personally don't understand circumsision, and find it is un-ethical to not give the children the choice. What do you guys/girls out there think?

I don't thing forced body mutilation has a place in today's world. I understand the religious backgrounds and beliefs for such a practice but I feel that the removal of body part (male and female) should be down to the individual. I also understand the increased risks of performing such a thing when the person reaches a legal age of consent, that risk should be taken into consideration by the individual.

^ agreed
If youre worried, use a condom.
Foreskins are the shit, i'm glad to be intact.

Just show her the Penn and Teller Bullshit "circumcision" if she hasn't seen it already.

Smoking and drinking makes you more likely to catch shit, cut those vices and your stats reset.

My cock curcumsized it self in like second grade because there wasn't enough skin am I technically circumsized.

If ur gf is only having sex with u, then you shouldn't worry about catching a std from her. But if your having sex with a lot of random girl study hs shown it lowers the chance of catching hiv. But if std is ur only concern use a condom. MosT people I know get circumsized because most girls I know say it looks nicer.

This thread has been done a thousand times.
utfse

Why remove the most sensitive parts of your sexual organs?
For cosmetic reasons? Sorry to be blunt, but thats fucking stupid.

A lot of girls have said that to me.

Depends on where your from, i think in the US circumcision is common? So women become accustomed to that 'look'.

When i lived in Europe, it was very uncommon and i never met a girl who had an issue..

its cultural bullshit

if you dont want std then use a condom and only sleep with partners you know have tested negative.

circumcision has its risks and ultimately cosmetic procedures are for shallow reasons and therefore should require the consent of the individual who is getting it done. if they cannot consent why are you doing it? if there is no medical reason to?

that is wrong

should we tattoo babies? without asking them... is that ethical?

Statistics seem to indicate that circumsized males are less likely to pass on STDs.
One of the first correlations comes from Jewish populations in the US, where it was found that Jewish women are less at risk for ovarian cancer.
This was explained by the assumed lower incidence of HPV in Jewish women because Jewish men were less likely to transmit it because they are circumsized.
This explanation has been disputed.
In East Africa HIV is thought to be transmitted up to 30% less by circumsized males compared to uncircumsized ones.
As far as I know this statistic is not disputed.
I was circumsized at birth and must admit that not having a foreskin has some disadvantages apart from the public health benefits.

I don't like the look of my cock when it has shrinkage. I'm uncircumcised. But when it's hard the skin is halfway down the head, and I think it looks better than circumcised and normal uncircumcised.

But yeah don't remove the most sensitive parts of your cock so it looks better lol. These circumcised men... are they really having sex or just rubbing some scarred appendage against vaginal walls? I mean it must still feel sort of good but they'll never know what it's really all about... weird.

First off the person would have to have an STD. Some STDs are prevented by using condoms, and others like herpes and HPV are not.

I know guys who have STDs of all sexual orientations and they're all cut.

The studies done in African countries are junk "science", biased, and highly flawed. In one major study they allowed cut men to use condoms, and other unbiased studies showed that circumcision does not reduce HIV/STD infection or transmission. Plus if this were actually true, you would not have had an entire generation or two of gay and bisexual men in North America who were all cut die from AIDS/HIV complications, or get infected with STDs during the late 70s and early-late 80s.

I view circumcision as what it is involuntary genital mutilation that offers no real benefits; but plenty of negative consequences, and I don't think it should be practiced on anyone of any sex or gender.

If they're an adult and want to do this to their genitals then it's their choice; but I don't really understand this either.

Last edited:
I view circumcision as what it is involuntary genital mutilation that offers no real benefits; but plenty of negative consequences, and I don't think it should be practiced on anyone of any sex or gender.
this

Unfortunately yes the chance of contracting an STI is statistically higher for uncut guys but that's not to say cut guys are safe. Condoms are your friend.

I'm uncircumcised and wouldn't change it for anything. I'm just very careful with sexual encounters and use common sense really. If its casual use a rubber, if your in a relationship, test together before going bare.