• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Having issues with the mallinckrodt brand hydromorphone (I use them IV)

rylanjase

Greenlighter
A couple months ago for the first time I got the mallinckroft brand 8mg hydromorphone tablets and I prepared it the exact way I?ve always done it with no issues but I hardly felt anything. Since these left a lot more gunk than any other brand I?ve tried I figured maybe a lot of the drug is getting trapped in there so what I started doing is after I first draw up the solution through the cotton filter (tip of a q-tip) I add more saline, mix up the gunk and draw it up through cotton and I do this one or two more times and then after I?ve gotten everything I can get out of the cotton I add a few more drops to the cotton and draw every bit of liquid I can from the cotton and doing all this seems to help but I definitely wasn?t getting all the drug I should be. Also it?s definitely not tolerance because I tried doubling the dose and the next month I got a different brand and got a good rush like I should be getting but now this month I got the mallinckrodt brand again but this time in the 2mg tablets (my doc had to switch it up because I got my script early so insurance won?t pay unless it?s different) and I did the same thing I did with the 8?s where I would add more water and mix up the gunk and draw it up through cotton multiple times and I was still barley getting a rush and with these pills there?s always particles in the solution and it?s very cloudy which the other brands I?ve had are not like that but I figured that?s just because there?s different inactive ingredients in other brands so I didn?t think anything of it but I decided to see if I left it sitting there for a bit if that helped at all and it seemed to help a little after 15-20 minutes but not much so I tried leaving it out for a few hours and although there?s still some particles and it?s cloudy it?s not as much and it seems to work better but I still feel like I?m not getting what I should and every shot isn?t the same some are better then others and I?m doing the same thing sometimes I?ll even prepare 2 doses at once (seperately) and one will work better than the other so I can?t figure out what the fuck is going on has anyone had this happen? Does anyone have any ideas of what the issue could be? And Is there something else I should try doing?
Also I don?t want to ask my pharmacists for a specific brand because there?s no real reason I would need a specific brand.