• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Having bad trips on stimulants recently

IMALLOUTOFLOVE

Greenlighter
Recently I've been having bad trips of drugs, I suffer with GAD and often get anxious about being anxious. I'm capable of having a good trip on drugs but it feels recently I've been in a bad state of mind before hand so it leads to me being anxious or having a low mood, I made the mistake last weekend not drinking before hand to take the edge off things, I was consumed by negative thoughts and didn't really get involved with my friends. I have being taking Coke / Drone most weekends for the past 4 months , I don't intend to take anything for a month as I have a festival to look forward to. Also the rush can be a bit intense, any tips on how to overcome it?

Last edited:
Maybe you need a longer break. Stimulants (especially mephedrone) worsen predispositions for anxiety.

To make the rush easier, take smaller dosages less often. Oftentimes only the side effects and the intensity of the rush increase when you dose more with this class of drugs.

I guess smaller doses is a better idea so I can slowly creep towards the rush instead of it all hitting me at once, is it common to have a terrible drug trip if ones in a bad state of mind before hand?

My advice is move away from drugs man. I too have had GAD for a number of years and although my drug use has always been somewhat careful (mostly MDMA spaced out no more than once a month and usually tested) it wasn't helping and if anything was slowly but surely making it worse in the long run. After I had a bad trip and subsequently a panic attack on a combination of MD, nitrous and an unknown chemical (was supposed to be ketamine but think it was MXE or similar) I've ended up with depersonalisation disorder and have been stuck with it for the past 5 months constantly and it has essentially ruined my life (hopefully temporarily) and now my anxiety is so bad I struggle to cope with normal everyday things that were once second nature even with GAD. Its funny that since my mental health has got so bad that I've now realised I could have been doing much more productive things with my life. Find other things that spark your interest and focus on working on your anxiety using things like exercise, you'll be much happier in the long run. At some point the party has to end and it can leave you burnt out, especially if you suffer with a mental illness.

Obviously you should do whatever you want to do and if you still want to continue using drugs then go for it! But maybe cut back if you're experiencing a lot of bad trips. Maybe save drugs for special occasions like festivals?

Hope this helps