• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Having a seizure from smoking?

SweetBea

Greenlighter
Me and a friend of mine had smoked half a joint between us, had a little break ate food and the buzz had died off, we had gone to smoke the rest of it and just sit down chill and listen to music. While we were chilling I noticed my body starting to feel heavy and I began to feel sick so I told my friend I had to go outside for some air, and was worried I was about to "whitey". Keeping in mind I was completely completely fine and chilled out before hand, as I got outside it was like my body couldn't take it anymore and I have collapsed to the ground and threw up, after that my friend came out and asked if I was okay to which I said I just needed to sit down, while we were sitting I just thought I had my eyes closed leaning against a wall, but when I had come around I had found myself laying on the floor wirh my head killing me and my friend in a panic looking for her phone, my friend had told me that I had had a seizure as I was kicking my legs and shaking my arms uncontrollably, but I don't recollect anything, I do remember having my eyes closed and seeing a black hole type object coming towards me and I felt like I was running to it.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced something similar to this, or if anyone could tell me what happened to me since I had begged my friend not to call the ambulance and that I was fine even though I had to get up and throw up again after I had come properly around.

I've smoked weed after that and not had a problem and the amount that we had both smoked wasn't that much please help!

How did you feel afterwards/the next day? Were your muscles unnaturally stiff/tense? Wired?

I've personally never heard of weed causing a seizure... but it's very hard to know if you actually had a seizure given that you didn't seek medical attention.

Do you take any other medication at all, in particular benzos or other prescription meds? Or suffer from epilepsy?

I felt like I had a really bad hangover the next day, had bed sweats, a really bad headache felt really thirsty and stiff and extremely exhausted even though I slept through the night. I was a bit too scared to see the doctor being I smoked weed.

I recently got the implant put in which releases hormones into the body slowly to stop pregnancy so I'm not sure if that contributed, I don't take anything else and I don't have a history with epilepsy

Hmmm I'm not sure about the implant, but I just want you to know that you shouldn't be afraid to seek medical attention if you have any kind of emergency, even if drugs are involved. Medical personnel are there to provide a service, and in the uk at least, you will not be prosecuted for being under the influence. :)

Sorry I don't really have much else to add, but I would really consider consulting a GP and trying to get some concrete answers on what happened.

Hi freind...what youve experienced is the shakes...many things can trigger it...like smoking with a new friend or simply not having a good clear mind...it is fairly common and not a need to worry..as a matter of fact ive experienced it my self it is really uncomfortable ... I feel for u

I wonder if this had anything to do with you eating.
Weed has different effects and I've known quite a lot of people to be ill after eating while high.
Seizures can be caused by a lack of blood in the brain, and possibly if you ate a lot you might have prompted the seizure.
I have in the past had a number of unpleasant experiences after smoking weed as well as the usual good ones.
But a couple of years I had a series of seizures after smoking although I had no adverse feelings the day after.
love