• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Haven't used for 5 days - chipping?

While I agree that an attitude of inevitable failure makes it very probably that it will happen, I gotta say that 2 years really isn't that long. Lots of people kept it going 2 years. Now if you'd said 10 or 20 years I'd be more impressed. I'm not saying that you'll fail too eventually, cause I don't know that.

I'm just saying, if you do make it another 5 years or so without much problems, you'll be the first I've heard of.

Really I hope you are. I don't want it to go bad for you. I hope you can keep it going as long as you'd like. I just can't deny my expectations based on experience.

And given how badly so many of us have been burned by drugs. And given that even if you really can do it, a lot more can't. Me and probably a lot of others are trying to be realistic here. If nothing else, in most cases, in the long run it would have been better not to keep going at all. And the OP needs to know that.

But if he's gonna do it, I agree yours is the attitude to have.

Only to a degree. One must always be aware and admit to oneself that they're not exempt from the natural laws of substance use and always be mindful of this fact and be proactive in taking measures to protect oneself.

You're right that shouldn't go in with a failure mindset, but you most certainly cannot go in with a big headed infallible, impervious, godlike mc-hammer (can't touch this lol) mindset either. Because we all can (and almost always will eventually) be affected/impacted negatively. Us humans anyway.
We're all playing with fire here and we all eventually get burned- it's just a matter of how, where, why and to what degree. And that's why we have this community/site.....to learn and teach others measures of safety and precaution- and treatment for the still possible burns.

-PA

Last edited: