• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Haven’t taken benzos regularly from about 4 years

polarthedog

Bluelighter
I think I might have taken one or two doses 2.5 years ago, I was drinking a four Loki ever night for like 4-5 months 2 years ago.i used to take 15 mg of Valium a day, when I was 16 sometimes I took 10 mg of clonazepam at once and drank on top of it. I’m 26 now, I’m wondering how long it will take before my tolerance resets entirely, I don’t 5ink I ever had that kindling effect, but I don’t like to take some Valium, but I want my tolerance to reset completely before I do. How long do you guys think, I know it’s not an exact science, but estimates would be appreciated.

Tolerance in general will reset within 2-4 weeks for most drugs, however permatolerance does exist somewhat, and depending how long you were on benzos it may be longer.

If you haven't taken any benzos in 2.5 years your tolerance will be as reset as it possibly can be.

Long term benzo use causes other things like kindling and in general will make your anxiety much, much worse in the end.

I think I answered your question?

Also I highly suggest you stay away from daily benzos especially if you were using them daily at such a young age. They really do fuck your brain up in a bad way. Trust me, I'm one of them.

Were you ever physically dependent on them OP?
If so getting a permanent tolerance is possible.
Was my favourite benzo but now I need 80mg of diaz (legit Diaz).
However I find other benzos still work in quazie!-sensible doses (Xanax, clonazepam etc.) just sadly no longer diazepam with it's lovely muscle relaxation.

I was dependent at one point on lik 30 mg of diazepam a day, but usually it was 15, also I had a lot of forced breaks(jail) every couple months for the last couple years of my use.

I was dependent at one point on lik 30 mg of diazepam a day, but usually it was 15, also I had a lot of forced breaks(jail) every couple months for the last couple years of my use.
in my experienced opinion as someone who was prescribed or took a lot of benzos from ages 14-23, it really fucked up my brain dude.

I had horrible anxiety as a kid which is now A LOT worse thanks to both benzos and alcohol abuse.

I really advise you to look for other ways to control your anxiety.

Benzos are not that inherently bad - but when you take them every day for years they are HORRIBLE for your brain and anxiety in the long run!!!

but ultimately man yeah, your benzo tolerance is more than reset after a few years. Probably 100% reset after 2-3 months (as much as it is going to be).