Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Have your say on Victorian drug policy: now til mid Feb

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
The Victorian Alcohol and Drug Association (VAADA) is asking all Victorians to provide feedback and ideas on how the harms associated with alcohol and drugs can be reduced.

See http://your-say.net.au/

We urgently need your help to disseminate information on this extended opportunity for consultation on the “Whole of Government Review into Victoria’s Alcohol and Drug Strategy” through all your networks, including those external to the AOD sector.

Means of participation are outlined below:
• Add your comments and ideas to the discussion forum at http://your-say.net.au/
• Alternatively email us on [email protected] with your comments, ideas or personal stories
• Participate in one of a series of focus groups being undertaken in metropolitan Melbourne in February. Exact times and locations are yet to be determined, however if you, or any of your clients wish to participate, please and preferably send an email to [email protected] or call 9412 5600 to register your interest.

There is only a small window of opportunity to contribute, with the consultation taking place between 23 January and 19 February 2012.

Do it. We, as public, don't get many chances to let our voices be heard.

I didn't want this to drop off the front page just yet so I'm bumping it up to the top.

Commented, and bumped. I would have expected more views of that link. I don't think this is getting very good circulation. It all looks pretty positive though.

Is bluelight low in Victorians or something? Have any of your victorians done anything?

did the quick survey.. less than 5 min and you have a few opportunities to speak your mind. i read the forum they have and it seems that everyone is pro drug reform like making them all legal and regulated when necessary as the main way to stop harm from these substances.

Have a go yer mug!

There are still only 20 comments on the "what are the issues with drugs?" thread (interestingly - twice as many on "What are the solutions") which is fuck all of nothing really. I'm not confident that this consultation will achieve a whole lot but for a small outlay of effort it's a good opportunity to have your say, and on the public record.

Please register and throw in your 2c!!

my 2c