• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Have You Ever Gotten Over Your Depression?

Are we talking clinical with or without substance use and/or abuse.
What I mean is do we know the root(s) of this depression or....?
Sorry if it seems like a dumb question but I was told those do not exist.
Sometimes I feel the sunshine but it seems mostly dark... been like that since I can remember.
Kratom picks me up when imr down so I employ it's use at times.
Can't stay on that peak forever so just have learned that feeling down is part of life. They say drugs can "fix" this but personally I don't trust it. ;)

I got out of my depression when I use 3-CMC or 3-FPM tablets. But mostly 3-FPM.

For brief moments of time, then it always manages to come back after a few months of no depression.

I have been too tired to care, but depression gets better sometimes. It does and can get better. So the saying goes. lol.

Setting aside drug induced depression , when I was 26 I got myself a legit "mixed anxiety and depression". Fucking nightmare :low self esteem + panic attacks- hopelessness- crazy mood swings etc, I was afraid of doing my phD, afraid of having failed my MA, afraid of sucking at life in general and philosophy in particular, afraid of being shit in bed, afraid of going insane....
. At first I did what any rational person would do, self medicate smoking heroin, but it was not working hence one sunny day I went to Psychiatry . After having pronounced the magic word "heroin", they gave some random benzo for horses and told me to fuck off. I Kept using that shite ( can t remember what was it but it was pretty hardcore, I remember once I tried to cry but I could not) until I moved to Edinburgh to start my PhD. After having met my advisor and loved him at first sight, I went to a party and ended up in bed with a nice girl from Romania. The following day I woke up and felt fine