• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have you ever experienced tangible hallucinations?

Goddess Mode

Bluelighter
And if so, which psychoactive(s) have you experienced them on? If more than one, how would you rate them in terms of vividness?

Personally, I have only experienced this on diphenhydramine. I wouldn't recommend this experience to anyone, but I was able to reach that point with 1000 mg. I found myself repeatedly browsing nonsense webpages on my laptop in the dark only to shine a light on it every now and then and reveal that there was no laptop in sight, and then turn the light off and go right back to browsing.

A big reason I'm interested in this is due to my experiences with dreams. Many dreams involve tangible interactions of course, but the majority of dreams (at least mine) do not really involve much of a sense of touch. Sometimes though, if I'm in a lucid dream or in some other more vivid state like a false awakening, the tactile sensations can feel as vivid as reality. Though it's hard to remember clearly because of the delirium, I feel like my experience with diphenhydramine was more like a normal, non-vivid dream, even though the visual aspect of the hallucination was quite well formed. Despite that, it did get me quite interested in just how strong the tangible hallucinations can get.

Though I only have experience with this on deliriants, I have seen others interact with imagined objects on MDMA before. I have also heard of a number of vivid tactile interactions on DMT, though I have not yet encountered them myself other than just a general feeling of being flooded with patterns. I'm very interested in reaching this point with psychedelics though because I feel like they would be significantly more vivid than deliriants.

So, what has your experience been?

What kind of things did you experience on DMT? :) Interesting you should say that about NBOMes. I really have no desire to use them at all, but I actually get controllable visuals on pretty much every psychedelic and most significantly so on 4-sub tryptamines. I could definitely see those becoming tangible at even higher doses. I have high hopes for such experiences. :D

dude have you ever tried ketamine ? for me a k-hole is the hardest dream like state trip only 2end to DMT of cause.

I've had them on DXM, K, DMT, Salvia, and DPH.

DXM you might call tangible hallucinations but it was more of ESP and astral projection. So i could be physically moving through walls whilst sitting in my chair at the same time. I went to many places and had the full experience of being there.

Another example while on K at a festival, i laid on the ground and feel through the earth, out the other side and back into myself again. Suddenly i was in one of the bands at the festival, except we werent on stage, we were riding a massive paint roller in the sky on a huge suspended pane of glass, making intricate patterns above the fairgrounds. (if that makes any sense)

On DPH i've slipped right into dream states in which the setting doesnt change but something really fucked up with happen, like a friend who isnt really there will all of a sudden come into my room and his head will fall onto the ground and scare the fuck out of me. A lousy drug really, lol.

One time on DMT i blasted into a scary trip, and this massive witch woman with tornadoes and lightening in her hair slapped me across my face and i woke up and fell out of my chair holding my cheek! That was insane, for sure. A trip knocked me right out of my chair, the hallucination was so vivid my body actually responded as if it actually happened... A similar thing happened on K too which actually ended up harming me.

dude have you ever tried ketamine ? for me a k-hole is the hardest dream like state trip only 2end to DMT of cause.

I've been able to try it once while already on 2C-I. I would have liked to use it much more, but unfortunately ketamine has not seemed to want to find me very often. The one experience that I've had was spectacular, but I wouldn't say it was anything like dreaming. More like very detailed and abstract mental images flashing by in a void.... Very intense in any case. I'd certainly try it again if I could get my hands on it!

I've had them on DXM, K, DMT, Salvia, and DPH.

DXM you might call tangible hallucinations but it was more of ESP and astral projection. So i could be physically moving through walls whilst sitting in my chair at the same time. I went to many places and had the full experience of being there.

Another example while on K at a festival, i laid on the ground and feel through the earth, out the other side and back into myself again. Suddenly i was in one of the bands at the festival, except we werent on stage, we were riding a massive paint roller in the sky on a huge suspended pane of glass, making intricate patterns above the fairgrounds. (if that makes any sense)

On DPH i've slipped right into dream states in which the setting doesnt change but something really fucked up with happen, like a friend who isnt really there will all of a sudden come into my room and his head will fall onto the ground and scare the fuck out of me. A lousy drug really, lol.

One time on DMT i blasted into a scary trip, and this massive witch woman with tornadoes and lightening in her hair slapped me across my face and i woke up and fell out of my chair holding my cheek! That was insane, for sure. A trip knocked me right out of my chair, the hallucination was so vivid my body actually responded as if it actually happened... A similar thing happened on K too which actually ended up harming me.

That sounds wonderful with DXM. :) Flying through walls and over landscapes is actually one of my favorite things to do in lucid dreams. I would like to be able to take enough DXM to reach that point but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.... I seem to be rather sensitive to it lately. And I never really found it that pleasurable to begin with, though I have always been interested by it....

And that ketamine experience sounds awesome, haha. I would love to have those kinds of experiences while using it when also on psychedelics. :D I honestly don't have much interest in dissociatives alone, but combining them with psychedelics has so far proven to allow for all of my favorite experiences. But I haven't had anything quite on that level happen to me yet! I'll be eagerly awaiting the day when it does.

Diphenhydramine sucks lol. Though I would say that it is the drug that for me so far actually has been the most like dreaming in many ways, but still quite unlike it in other ways. Plus, as I mentioned in the first post, for me it's more like a typical non-vivid dream which lacks a lot of sensory detail. Definitely not ideal!

And damn, that sounds intense with the DMT! I better make sure I'm in a safe position to fall over when I smoke it from now on haha. I've smoked DMT a lot, but I've never had anything like that happen. I can see how it might though, I've gotten pretty close to being just thrown around by the speed of the sensory overload....

Interesting that you mention salvia as well. I would say that for me that is the hallucinogen third most like dreaming, after diphenhydramine and amanitas. Of those three I would say that it's also given me the most powerful and convincing trips, so I could definitely see it getting that crazy. Unfortunately it's been a while since I've really been able to get some....

"Tactile hallucinations" might work better as a search term. ;) I have a hunch that many people find Salvia so unpleasant compared to other psychedelics because the senses of touch and proprioception are more intimate than vision or hearing, so it feels more jarring when they get altered.

Last edited:
Go on a methylone run and by the end of it you'll be talking to people who aren't really there.

I have experienced 3d images with full shadowing under the influence of BZP. I would repeatedly reach out to try and touch them.

"Tactile hallucinations" might work better as a search term. ;) I have a hunch that many people find Salvia so unpleasant compared to other psychedelics because the senses of touch and proprioception are more intimate than vision or hearing, so it feels more jarring when they get altered.

Hehe, well tactile hallucinations are good too but they don't necessarily tell me whether or not you can actually reach out and grab something. :p Though I agree that that search would probably find better results... but I wanted to see if this one would come up with any first. :) Honestly, salvia altering my senses of touch and proprioception is hit or miss.... I've had salvia trips where I was literally blinded by visuals and fairly delirious and yet I still knew where I was in my room and was able to accurately feel the objects around me. I do understand what you're getting at though.... I've had one salvia experience where I actually did view my body from the outside and it was quite intense!

Go on a methylone run and by the end of it you'll be talking to people who aren't really there.

I don't doubt it lol. MDMA makes me similarly delirious as well, but it's also kind of psychedelic.... Is there anything like that about methylone or is it just comparable to stimulant delirium?

I have experienced 3d images with full shadowing under the influence of BZP. I would repeatedly reach out to try and touch them.

That does sound fun, except for the fact that it's BZP haha. Piperazines have never agreed me... even when I did stimulants. :S Isn't BZP also like mildly psychedelic as well?

Coming down from a night in the coachella desert on mda, while sitting in my tent I saw my friend I was camping with sit crossed legged on his sleeping bag, roll a joint, spark it and hand it to me, when I reached out he vanished. I look down and he's passed out in his sleeping bag. About 5 minutes later I watched a marble roll out from underneath my sleeping girlfriends sleeping eye. Went outside the tent to have a smoke and gather my head, as I smoked my j I watch shadow people dash back and forth between our neighboring campsite. I remember straining my eyes to make them disappear, but the hallucinations were so realistic and persistent.

Crazy stuff.

controllable visuals on strong doses of NBOMe
I confirm this too.
This weekend I did 1mg of 25i-nbome IM and it was just glorious. Have no words for expressing how beautiful everything looked and how realistic were hallucinations (both visual and mental sides of them).

Coming down from a night in the coachella desert on mda, while sitting in my tent I saw my friend I was camping with sit crossed legged on his sleeping bag, roll a joint, spark it and hand it to me, when I reached out he vanished. I look down and he's passed out in his sleeping bag. About 5 minutes later I watched a marble roll out from underneath my sleeping girlfriends sleeping eye. Went outside the tent to have a smoke and gather my head, as I smoked my j I watch shadow people dash back and forth between our neighboring campsite. I remember straining my eyes to make them disappear, but the hallucinations were so realistic and persistent.

Crazy stuff.

That sounds awesome, hehe. I've actually had someone tell me something similar about MDA, only it was with a cigarette. What a bummer that the joint wasn't real! Haha. What kind of marble was it? o_O I've actually had shadow people just like that while walking around a forest on LSD before, it was really intense! It scared me when two of them turned out to be real people walking by me while I gawked at them lol.

I actually get really strong hallucinations from MDMA in that way as well, but not any that I've actually tried to reach out and interact with. But very, very realistic.... Once while sitting in a car I looked in the rearview mirror to what should have been the side wall of an apartment building next to the parking lot, but instead it was the wall of an elementary school next to a playground, during the middle of the day nonetheless while this happened at night. There were kids running around and playing and everything. It was really bizarre!

I confirm this too.
This weekend I did 1mg of 25i-nbome IM and it was just glorious. Have no words for expressing how beautiful everything looked and how realistic were hallucinations (both visual and mental sides of them).

That sounds like 4-AcO-MET for me. :) I still haven't gotten to take it outside during the day yet. Definitely want to try that soon!!

I've had this from MDMA on several occasions. Usually at the end of the night when I'm by myself trying to get sleep I will see 1 or 2 people I know (usually it's the same 2 people who are friends of mine) either at the same time or separately throughout the night who aren't really there. I will hold conversations with these fake-friends and if I get to close or touch them, they fade into the darkness only to reappear a short while later when I've forgotten that they aren't real people again.

The brain seems to be excellent at tricking you into believing hallucinations like this. I only seem to get them when it's dark, but one time when it was light it happened again - due to it being light I couldn't see the friends but I could hear them. My brain decided that this was possible because they were outside my window rather than in the room and convinced me that I could talk to my friends who were outside the window.

Ah, sorry Goddess, I misunderstood the title.
These things sound a little like doppelgängers or crisis apparitions (an image of a loved one seen at the time of their death or while suffering an accident, even though they're not physically present).

I've had this from MDMA on several occasions. Usually at the end of the night when I'm by myself trying to get sleep I will see 1 or 2 people I know (usually it's the same 2 people who are friends of mine) either at the same time or separately throughout the night who aren't really there. I will hold conversations with these fake-friends and if I get to close or touch them, they fade into the darkness only to reappear a short while later when I've forgotten that they aren't real people again.

The brain seems to be excellent at tricking you into believing hallucinations like this. I only seem to get them when it's dark, but one time when it was light it happened again - due to it being light I couldn't see the friends but I could hear them. My brain decided that this was possible because they were outside my window rather than in the room and convinced me that I could talk to my friends who were outside the window.

Hahaha, that's awesome about hearing them outside the window. Yeah, I'm much more likely to get things like this in the dark too, but that's true of complex hallucinations on pretty much anything for me. That's funny that you see your friends, I always just saw random people lol. I had a friend though who on MDMA kept talking to some mutual friends of ours who weren't there, or thought he was riding in the car with them, or thought he was playing Xbox with them or something, including gesturing like he was holding a controller. I haven't gotten that far out yet!

Ah, sorry Goddess, I misunderstood the title.
These things sound a little like doppelgängers or crisis apparitions (an image of a loved one seen at the time of their death or while suffering an accident, even though they're not physically present).

It's no problem. ;) That does sound similar.... I think that level of hallucination is required for your brain to actually be able to trick you into thinking you're holding something. It has to be a dreamlike experience, you know?

I had never heard of crisis apparitions before, that's really interesting. >.>

This is with any stimulant. Hell you can do it without drugs, especially shit ones like methylone

I've only experienced tangible hallucinations from lack of sleep (aided only by caffeine).