View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ Have you ever convinced anyone about psychedelics

Ismene2

Bluelighter
Just wondering if anyones ever met someone who already disliked drug users and convinced them to try a psychedelic? Or doesn't it ever happen? I've never convinced anyone - they always have to make up their own minds in their own time. Usually to keep hating druggys.

I convinced someone who was dubious, not "hating druggys" but thinking that psychodelics was some dangerous stuff (in fact nowadays I think they are more risky than when I convinced her...).
She took 4-ho-met and she loved it, she tends to speak about it sometimes, how beautiful it was.

In high school I was the first in my friend group to try psychedelics. Most of my friends all swore that I was crazy for trying mushrooms and that theyd never try anything more than pot. There was only 1 or 2 who were interested in trying mushrooms. By the time the 3 of us had had a number of trips the others came around. It was the same for M, K and acid lol....mind you none of them were drug haters, just naive and standoffish due to miseducation. And I (we) didnt exactly convince them to try psychedelics, they were just turned on by our stories.
More in line with the question:
A friends boyfriend hated drugs, except alcohol of course.
But she smoked (pot) and (used to) tripped. Eventually he started smoking, realizing it was likely less harmful than drinking.

When his friends, late bloomers to psychedelics (imo lol...>30), came in to these things he eventually tried em and now trips a number of times a year lol...
IMO I dont think its wise to encourage people to try psychedelics. I think at best we should try to tear down all the layers of stigmatization that they have surrounding psychedelics, share positive stories/related research, etc and let them make their own decisions. .. mind you a younger me thought differently lol but there are plenty of stories about people having bad first times with psychedelics and I for one dont want that shit on my conscious lol

never tried!

people ask me tho' I seldom recommend - it's really such a personal thing.

I was just looking out from my balcony over the street to where a young person (20yrs old?) was getting stoned in his back yard, and it did not look good.

Clearly he is into it for different demented reasons than I am, he looked so uncomfortable. I only remember being that uncomfortable when I had a kidney stone attack.

I have seen him on several different occasions over the last 2 months doing the same lonely weird stuff in that back yard.

I am in a new building. Probably as the building fills up, someone will call 911 about him.

I have never convinced anyone to try them, exactly... but I have done stuff adjacent to getting them to try psychedelics. My little brother was curious, and on the fence about their safety and worthiness as something desirable to do, and I convinced him they had something valuable to offer. But he never actually did any, it was always a "maybe sometime we can take mushrooms together", but it never materialized, and now he has 2 kids and has taken the possibility off the table. I still talk to him about my experiences, though.

I convinced my mom that psychedelics were not just some scary drug that rebellious teens do, too. Many years ago, but years after my early psychedelic period that changed my life, I got into a long conversation with my mom, which eventually went to her being sad for me and my siblings, who moved away from Christianity as we became adults. She said it's not that she wants us to believe ant specific thing, just that she feels it's important to believe in something greater than yourself. I had opened up a bit to my mom about weed by then and she grudgingly accepted it, though it was a bit colored by my getting caught and scaring them in high school. So I took a shot and told her about my first trip with mushrooms, and how it changed my life, and what happened, and what it was like. She was super interested and curious and told me she was happy for me, and said that she had no idea that psychedelics could actually be a positive thing but that considering the positive change they facilitated for me, she was grateful that they existed and happy I took them.

I mean, yeah? I've 'converted' or whatever you'd like to call popping a psychedelic cherry for many - maybe 30-40 people?

Ultimately most people have had no or close to no exposure about psychedelics. So when you talk to someone about them, a non-user, you are potentially 100% of their view on them.

My gf didn't try any for many years. Only in the last 6 months did she finally build the courage to dip her toes. That was after I came back from an epic acid trip with my friends and had 20 or so left over tabs. For her, she very much feels like.. Why did I wait? I should have done this years ago and she loves acid now.

I guess what I'm saying is YOU are the walking advertisement for psychedelics. Unlike other shit in this world that has companies advertising, shills endorsing and so on.. Psychedelics just have us, the users, to advertise and share.

Now I'm a pretty chill cool dude(a long with my big ego) and I'm sure the fact that I'm a likeable person really helps convey that getting into psychedelics might be a good choice. It's like a fat vs fit person both endorsing a food product. You'll probably take the fit persons opinions a bit more seriously.

I don't really know what I say when I convince people to try them. I guess that I feel they opened my ability to feel others feelings, be more in tune with myself, appreciate all the parts of life not just the ones we are told to. Taking acid is like becoming a child again - seeing the world through a pair of fresh eyes.

In saying that I've told or known people 'don't do psychedelics' knowing that this person is not true to them self and will have a bad trip. You cannot be a faker and enjoy tripping - you have to be very accepting of your own faults and failures. If you are still in the denial stage of life rather than the be a man, own up and make things right stage of your life, I'll advise against tripping.

I've definitely popped a few psychedelic cherries, too... I don't consider that "converting" though, because they already decided they wanted to without any input from me, I only facilitated the experience they'd chosen to have, and tripped with them or sat for them. I love doing that... nothing like facilitating a first experience for someone who's been seeking it. You get to relive the joy and wonder of experiencing it for the first time. It's amazing.