• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Have you ever been in love o dated a person that is mentally ill or addict who won't

PriestTheyCalledHim

Bluelighter
Have you ever been in love, in a relationship, or dated a person that is mentally ill and/or an addict who refuses to get help or change?

I have done all 3, and I'm wondering how common it is? I'm not sure why I tend, or in the past tended to gravitate towards women and men who are either mentally ill or addicted who refuse to get help or even acknowledge that they're self-destructive, an addict or at least have issues or an addictive personality?

It runs the gamut/spectrum from someone being minor depression, having generalized anxiety disorder or panic attacks, to being majorly depressed to where they don't contact anyone for months even their family and only leave the house to get food and go to work with a personality disorder where they have a lot of trouble even making or keeping friends and socializing, and people who are mentally ill and who don't take any sort of medications or even talk to a therapist or try to change or improve. With addicts I mean people who are totally out of control and in denial about their drug/alcohol addiction or addictive behaviour, who are highly self-destructive with their drugs or addictions of choice, and who refuse to even acknowledge that they have a problem or get help. I met the majority of these people on the internet; but some I met in person, and we started dating that way. A few of these women and men got obsessed with me and stalked me or wanted me to help them cheat on their spouse by having unprotected sex with me but I didn't do that and cut off all contact with them.

I'm currently not dating, in a relationship/partnership with anyone as I'm taking a break from all of that.

Last edited:
I grew up mostly very isolated. Except for my parents, I was never around other people very long and never knew anybody else very well. My father was an abusive asshole drunkard and my mother was an insane, vile bitch. When I first started having girlfriends, crazy people seemed normal and the normal ones came across as being extremely uptight, not fun, and completely lacking in imagination. So, naturally, my first girl friends were psycho bitches from hell. I thought that was normal. I thought it was normal and kind and loving for me to visit them in the psych ward whenever they got locked up for being crazy. I thougth it was normal to stay with them and not break up with them when they were smoking meth, OD'd in the hospital, jail, whereever...I didn't mind the heroin because that would calm them, but stimulants were like throwing gasoline on the fire. I only broke up with Psycho Suzie after she turned to prostitution.

It took several bad ones before I realized what was going on. I was going out with people who were like my parents!!!! Now, I'm very careful. Currently, I think I can recognize when they have a problem, as in they are deeply psychotic, upon first meeting them. Even when they can hide it from most people, I can now pick up on it.

The main thing I miss about them is that in some ways, they had a more accurate picture of reality than normals. Their perspective was different,a nd they were aware of things that most people aren't. But they were also Evil. They were unwilling to change. In their minds, they were Good, and they saw no reason they should change.

Last edited:
Socko-Thanks your post explains a lot. My parents love me and don't have mental issues but growing up I had a lot of friends who did have mental health issues or who wound up having them, and I was around lots of peers and friends that abused drugs or who wound up addicts.