• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have we any DXO in organism after DXM injection?

Renald

Bluelighter
Let me introduce myself. I am a doctor (dentist) myself, reading BL for several years and found this website very valuable. This is my first post here, wish me luck :)
I have read thousands of scientific articles and trip reports about most popular dissociatives. Now I have a question regarding DXM to DXO conversion. Will any DXO form inside an organism after the i.m. or s.c. injection? Sources I read tell me DXO is formed in liver due to first-pass metabolism. If this statement is right, there will be absolutely no DXO in organism after the injection of DXM. Your opinions?

well first pass metabolism means that anything absorbed through your intestines will go through the liver first, before entering the main blood stream (if you will). injected it will also reach the liver, but isn't bound to be there before reaching other parts of the organism (brain eg). what this means for DXM's pharmacological action I don't really know though. but my point is that it will definately reach the liver at some point when injected. it also may be metabolized by enzymes in the blood (I don't know this for a fact, but it is possible).

hope this helps :)

well first pass metabolism means that anything absorbed through your intestines will go through the liver first, before entering the main blood stream (if you will). injected it will also reach the liver, but isn't bound to be there before reaching other parts of the organism (brain eg). what this means for DXM's pharmacological action I don't really know though. but my point is that it will definately reach the liver at some point when injected. it also may be metabolized by enzymes in the blood (I don't know this for a fact, but it is possible).

hope this helps :)

The substance will reach liver via portal vein from GI tract, but it will not reach liver via portal vein after it is in systemic circulation. From systemic circulation it will reach liver via hepatic vein , and I am not sure getting into liver in such way is the subject to first-pass metabolism.

Dentists in our country do not use nitrous routinely. A little pity :)

Pity indeed. I really wanted one of those cool masks too. Maybe Santa will bring me both for Christmas...but I haven't been very good this year, or any year for that matter.