• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Have to get off Xanax/Ativan - Need Advice

Does anyone actually have euphoria from benzodiazepines or is it more the anxiolysis and practical effects -- in other words, unsupervised medical use?

Does anyone actually have euphoria from benzodiazepines or is it more the anxiolysis and practical effects -- in other words, unsupervised medical use?

I get silly, my mood changes, I become a happy, hard working person. It feels like the silliness of alcohol but without many of the annoyances of alcohol. I still don't know if I can call it euphoria but it comes pretty close probably I genuinely had to deal with scary panic attacks for some years.
I feel all the above only with Alprazolam at not so small doses. In order to get to this state of mind, I take 4mg generally when I have an empty belly. This way, I start feeling the initial relaxation, relief and happiness around 30 minutes then it rapidly builds up. I tend to redose 1-2mg at once a few more times later in the day to stay at the same level to get more faded. Alprazolam has always been my favorite benzo.

I have used Diazepam, Clonazepam, Lorazepam and a couple other weak ones. I tried to get the same somewhat euphoric feeling that Alprazolam gives me but even at high doses, none of these effected me the way Xanax does. I think that Alprazolam's potency and rapid onset are the main reasons make me like it this much; being an IV H and cocaine addict, potency and rapid onset are always appealing.
They all work for different purposes great but Xanax is the only one that I get pleasure from.

I have been looking at the site benzobuddies.org and it is huge and has information for all manner of aspects of this.

Is anyone aware of sites out there of the same type and calibre with the focus on, for example, gabapentinoids, opioids, carisoprodol & meprobamate, barbiturates, C-Jam, and so forth?
I think this is it. Lol

Man... You've been through it with the doctors, so have I and it seems like the majority of the people that interact on this platform have been through hell and back because the doctors can't treat their patients the way they would like to because of the DEA watching their every move. I think most doctors are always going to be limited with what they are able to prescribe to people. A lot of these drugs require adjusting the dose (up not down in the majority of cases). The paranoid doctor is always going to want to push our dose back down or feel like they are unable to prescribe more because of the fear of having their liscense revoked or suspended. the whole point of me saying this is that I don't think we should start this stuff unless we have another source. I can't even tell you how many hours I've spent worrying about not having my needs met and having to suffer X amt of time until I can fill my script. Its not right. We have to get creative and help each other when we can and when it's necessary.
I prefer to taper off Ativan. Wondering how I ca. tel him when my script is for Xanax.

Valium is what most protocols for tapering are using. Xanax and ativan are both short acting . You'd want to use a longer acting drug like valium to get off xanax.

here is this protocol from this link https://www.benzoinfo.com/2017/10/09/benzodiazepine-tapering-strategies-and-solutions/ . "The Ashton protocol recommends using Valium (diazepam) to taper because it comes in much smaller doses and has a longer half life than the newer, shorter acting benzodiazepines. For example, while Klonopin (clonazepam) has a medium half life, the smallest dose available is 0.125 mg, and Xanax (alprazolam) has a short half life, the smallest dose is .25 mg. While these may seem like small doses, when one considers it’s equivalence to diazepam, 0.125mg of Klonopin is actually closer to 2.5 mg of diazepam, .25 mg of Xanax is about 5 mg of Valium.

Ashton also recommends tapering no more than 5-10% every 2-4 weeks. This means that, on average, a taper will take about ten months or longer, depending on the patient’s starting dose and individual response. As with any recommen.."

here's another link that describes a tapering schedule https://www.mdedge.com/psychiatry/a...e/consider-slow-taper-program-benzodiazepines

i attached the picture of the Aniracetam and my citicoline but not sure it loaded. Also I add the pro chemical that when it's metabolized it is Modafinil. Have you tried different nootropic stacks? Which one do you like if you do.. @Snowy_Hell
I've tried only Noopept and Aniracetam so far, and am pleased with the results. Noopept is a brain sharpener, while Aniracetam is potent anxiolytic. All with choline supplementation.