• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Have opioids improved anything in your life?

FlyingDutchman342

Bluelighter
I know this might be a controversial question and I don't intend to glamourize any harddrug that caused people to struggle with addiction.

Opioids are known to be very addictive and had a negative impact on many people's lives. There are many accounts of this and numerous threads on the "Dark Side" forum focus on how destructive these morphine-like drugs can be.
Furthermore, even though they are not directly harmful to the human body (in pure form), overdoses often involve a drug of this class.

Despite all this, is there anything in your life that has been improved by recreational opioid use (physically, emotionally, psychologically, lifestyle)? Do they only cause problems or is there a speck of light at the end of the tunnel?

Well pain patients certainly see benefits from opiates. Is there any light at the end of the tunnel for any other users? I doubt it. Short term they dull emotional pain very well and they help with a nervous stomach but that?s all i?ve ever gleaned from them.

I was finally able to lose the "baby weight" from having my daughters , my house is much cleaner , I am much more friendly and less insecure . I work 3rd shift so it helps me work thru the night . The goods outweigh the bad for me at this point , that's why I haven't been able to quit even though the oxys are exspensive and hard to find at times.

The goods outweigh the bad for me at this point

That's how I've mostly felt too.

Part that sucks though is that the good outweighs the bad until it doesn't anymore. By then things are likely more fucked up then they were to begin with, and to make matters worse you no longer have the foritude/motivation to make improvements in your life without them. So once you get to that point you're kinda screwed with or without the drugs.

Atleast for me, anyways :(

When I first started to use opiates I was better in bed. That has flipped on me now and I get a paradoxical effect from them :p

I got really good at hitting a vein, just in case my current career doesn't work out I can become a phlembotamist

They decrease stress IMMENSELY. They help me sleep at night (which i need very badly). They decrease the pain in my back/neck (i have 4 herniated discs).

they have helped me a lot I have let my tolerance and use creep up mainly out of boredom however the doctor recently increased my dose from 120 mg to 240 mg a very very happy day for me but I've never gone over 600 mg in a day and I've been taking them for 4 years I get them for advanced crohns disease of I may offer you a bit of advise in my experience it your in control don't tell anyone except close friends family you can trust etc even if you tell them they help to them you sound like another druggy in denial which to be fair is most of the time true but still my folks found out and even though they can see my use is in control they still try to dig at me for it whenever they can which only serves to annoy me and does not benefit me..

I'm not saying keep it secret I'm sure you all have rational understanding families just think twice though even if your using them for legit reason don't give anyone anything to be suspicious about I'm only saying I wish I had done more to hide my use even when I had pain just pretend I'm only taking something like paeracaetomal or something.

When I first started to use opiates I was better in bed. That has flipped on me now and I get a paradoxical effect from them :p
that's just your body letting you know you need to go exercise of you won't let u enjoy your drugs and cutting down can't hurt believe me I've been their it's not as hopeless as it seems it never is.

Opiates has certainly given me the impression I could both work and live a much more functional life. Especially when money does not interfere and you keep a low profile. For decades I trusted I was doing great, simply living my life and providing the best of myself to those closest to me.

However, like I had always suspected that had a validity, so to speak. As time went by I needed more and more and despite of the fact I still believed I was doing fine I really wasn’t and people started to think I had some sort of problem, I wasn’t as healthy as I used to be. My doses intervals became increasingly smaller and I realized I was living for this shit. My life meant nothing if I wasn’t high on opiates, except that I didn’t think I was ever high but functional.

At the end of a long journey of spectacular problems, lies and denials I realized I needed help and my life became a nightmare. I was using enough to get me killed any day. So yes, in my head opiates improved my life but in reality it just took away everything that people normally experience as they grow up. At the end I had to stop using, and I can see that in this new life (after a long time) I feel alive.

It feels as though as I became someone else totally different than I ever was. I can see how much I have lost. And despite of the of the problems I feel better now compared to before, different but actually feeling things I wish I had felt earlier.

Opiates has certainly given me the impression I could both work and live a much more functional life. Especially when money does not interfere and you keep a low profile. For decades I trusted I was doing great, simply living my life and providing the best of myself to those closest to me.

However, like I had always suspected that had a validity, so to speak. As time went by I needed more and more and despite of the fact I still believed I was doing fine I really wasn’t and people started to think I had some sort of problem, I wasn’t as healthy as I used to be. My doses intervals became increasingly smaller and I realized I was living for this shit. My life meant nothing if I wasn’t high on opiates, except that I didn’t think I was ever high but functional.

At the end of a long journey of spectacular problems, lies and denials I realized I needed help and my life became a nightmare. I was using enough to get me killed any day. So yes, in my head opiates improved my life but in reality it just took away everything that people normally experience as they grow up. At the end I had to stop using, and I can see that in this new life (after a long time) I feel alive.

It feels as though as I became someone else totally different than I ever was. I can see how much I have lost. And despite of the of the problems I feel better now compared to before, different but actually feeling things I wish I had felt earlier.
If you don't mind me asking mate how long would you say you was using until your tolerance shot up did you have a few extra doses of it just when up as time went on? I'm interested because people vary from months to years and so on.

they have helped me a lot I have let my tolerance and use creep up mainly out of boredom however the doctor recently increased my dose from 120 mg to 240 mg a very very happy day for me but I've never gone over 600 mg in a day and I've been taking them for 4 years I get them for advanced crohns disease of I may offer you a bit of advise in my experience it your in control don't tell anyone except close friends family you can trust etc even if you tell them they help to them you sound like another druggy in denial which to be fair is most of the time true but still my folks found out and even though they can see my use is in control they still try to dig at me for it whenever they can which only serves to annoy me and does not benefit me..

I'm not saying keep it secret I'm sure you all have rational understanding families just think twice though even if your using them for legit reason don't give anyone anything to be suspicious about I'm only saying I wish I had done more to hide my use even when I had pain just pretend I'm only taking something like paeracaetomal or something.

very good advice.

I'll add that i wouldvd committed suicide if it wasn't for being prescribbed fent patches during my worse days of recovering from back surgery and not thinking it would ever improve.

also wouldve lost more than one good job from this pain if i didn't have access to opiates

I'm more productive and happier when I am high on opiates. Chance of diarrhea due to lack of fiber is reduced as well. It's a win-win-win.

OK, let's see... on a moderate dose of codeine I feel happier, more energetic and motivated, friendlier, more open to new ideas or activities, better husband/dad; also I feel good in my body which further increases work stamina, I eat healthier, and generally feel healthier. The 2 years of daily use I didn't get ill once.

Now I compare that to what my life looks like on daily alcohol. Oh man. Of course the codeine heaven is not without its caveats, the largest of which is dependence and tolerance. However, if drug policy wasn't moronic as fuck and I could get all the codeine I need, and without it devouring my wallet, my life would be that much better. Almost all aspects of my life improve when I have a little morphine circling around my body. Eh, maybe one day.

If you don't mind me asking mate how long would you say you was using until your tolerance shot up did you have a few extra doses of it just when up as time went on? I'm interested because people vary from months to years and so on.

It didn’t take so long. Started taking one to two tablets when I was still very young and in less than one year I managed to get access to various stronger opiates in irresponsible quantities for most of my adult life. At one point I was abusing H whenever I was overseas for too long and could only manage my tolerance when I engaged seriously into methadone, but it took ages to set myself free of all this nightmare. Still living one day at a time.

It enhanced everything in my life for like.......2-3ish years? ahh, those halcyon days and nights...........playing old computer games on DOS, scratching the skin off of my entire body, always having a kick ass time with my friends and alyone else, the sun shined brighter and everything was 5 stars. To quote Dennis Reynolds, "I [was] a five star man", and that felt great. Diddnt last though, as everyone knows. eventually every aspect of my life was fucked with in a negative way. It was good while it lasted, but not worth it in the end

It enhanced everything in my life for like.......2-3ish years? ahh, those halcyon days and nights...........playing old computer games on DOS, scratching the skin off of my entire body, always having a kick ass time with my friends and alyone else, the sun shined brighter and everything was 5 stars. To quote Dennis Reynolds, "I [was] a five star man", and that felt great. Diddnt last though, as everyone knows. eventually every aspect of my life was fucked with in a negative way. It was good while it lasted, but not worth it in the end

Same experience basically. +5 stars for the Sunny reference lol.

I've been a hedonistic deviant for most of my life so take it with a grain of salt when I say that I found opioids to be an enriching life-experience that has broadened my horizons and helped me to feel more in touch with myself.

very good advice.

also wouldve lost more than one good job from this pain if i didn't have access to opiates

I got a bit like that but just from depression from my stomach bowel and criminal retention and life etc years ago but I quickly realized I needed to do something so I got my doctor to prescribe me codeine and it wasn't easy at first because I was young I got a lot a scrutiny from the chemists I used to get anxious picking up my script but now it's cool they all know I have valid reasons for it now I no longer get anxious and most importantly don't have the dark suicide thoughts cus I'm not in pain and i won't pretend I have nearly slipped up with the codeine a few times but I do not regret taking it(yet) and it defo still makes my life better when I use it right peace.