• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Have I become dependent again?

NeoLid

Bluelighter
Hi, I use to be a pretty heavy fentanyl addict, about 2.5 years ago, I quit completely, and haven't done any opioids in the last 2.5 years. So my dumbass got 35 d8s, and went through them in the last week. Is this long enough for me have become dependent again? Will I withdrawal again?

Hey @NeoLid

The answer is most likely a yes in this situation. You know as I do that following years of experience, a habit/tolerance/dependence comes back quick. If I were to use for 3 days straight, I would basically be looking at the usual, fairly heavy withdrawal syndrome. If I were to use for 5 days straight, that would effectively seal the deal and leave me at the proverbial square one with a habit, withdrawal and all of those other problems.

You will withdraw. This is also a mental game. You have to get through the withdrawal and then not fall for the same thing next time. It's nothing to be ashamed of. We all have tried and failed. Your withdrawal shouldn't be full-blast crazy, but it will likely be significant. ]

Let me know if you have any questions!

I would say yes for sure...not the end of the world though as everyone has been there in one way or another..fent is some strong stuff tho and that's a lot in a short time..ya your gonna feel that. I've only done it once that I can remember anyways and it was a good feeling but the next few days I was a wreck.

Its difficult to answer this question directly--but probably. Look, its nothing to really beat yourself up over that much. Relapsing is inevitable for 90% of us lol! If not years later... then maybe even a decade I've seen people 100% sober for years suddenly relapse for no reason. They do get clean again eventually though. Sometimes relapsing is part of the process. Its not a contest, but most people with opiate tendencies are doomed to relapse and repeat a cycle of using eventually. No matter how much you think you're through the woods, one's use can keep going at the times you'd least expect. You won't withdraw, though. Think about how long it takes to develop tolerance (and quite a long time despite how many junkies say "I can't get high anymore)." The withdrawal comes from days and weeks of repeated non-stop use. A simple relapse that was over the course of 3-5 days would not cause the withdrawal you once knew to be horrible beyond words. You might feel nothing if you can walk away and not look back for as long as you can. The most dangerous part about this, is that the relapse feels real good. Its hard to go back to fighting sobriety once you've felt it again, because we all like to "make up for lost time" and go crazy with our use after such a long time period of sobriety. You just have to keep trying really.

Hi, I use to be a pretty heavy fentanyl addict, about 2.5 years ago, I quit completely, and haven't done any opioids in the last 2.5 years. So my dumbass got 35 d8s, and went through them in the last week. Is this long enough for me have become dependent again? Will I withdrawal again?
What are D8s? The only D8 I know is delta 8 but it doesn’t seem like that’s what you’re referring to. Sorry, I’ve been out of the street drug life for a minute so there are new slang terms I’m not familiar with.

I will say that most ppl do relapse on their journey in life. It’s not unusual at all and please don’t beat yourself up about it. And as someone else said if it is opiates that you relapsed on if you only used them for three days you shouldn’t have a terrible withdrawal. It might be a little uncomfortable but shouldn’t be horrible and if it is just remember that it’s only temporary. It shouldn’t last as long I wouldn’t think.

Please let me know so I can understand more.

"D-8's" typically is in reference to Hydromorphone. The D is for the trade name "Dilaudid" and 8mg is the highest dose of instant-release Hydromorphone on the market in most modern medical systems.