View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have antidepressants affected your trips? Lexapro/psychedelics

crestfallen

Bluelighter
I take lexapro 20 mgs and I am planning to trip on mushrooms sometime soon. I tried good mdma pills this weekend after not taking lexapro for a week and didn't feel much other than slight stimulation while my friends were rolling hard. I want to know if lexapro or other ssri's will block the effects of mushrooms or other psychs like they did with e

SSRIs are known to block MDMA. They have varying effects on psychedelics, typically dulling the experience somewhat. My experience on 15 mgs lexapro is that it has little to no effect on tripping. I trip balls all the time. A friend on Prozac has trouble tripping, but at higher doses he seems to "break through" and trip as hard as the rest of us.

In the future don't stop taking your meds just to take recreational drugs. It's potentially dangerous. If your medication is helping you, decide if it's worth it and just give up the drugs that interact. In my case, not doing MDMA or MAOIs is well worth it for me.

I used to be on cilexa and I took acid once after 2-3 weeks of being on it. Totally blocked the effects of the acid, no trip at all. And the acid wasn't bunk, my ex did some and she tripped.