• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Have a question re: amps and need a creative idea.

zagor

Bluelighter
I was on dexedrine 25mg 2x daily for 2 years. In the last 3 months a weaned off. Due to my pre existing depression, and the fact that dexedrine was helping my depression, now I feel like a whack. Now since I have some serious abdominal pain I took 45mg today so I can go to ER. My question is, since it's been 1 week since I slowly tapered it, and today took high dose, I will need to take it for a few days more (to be able to deal with physical illness). Will it set me back?

My second question is only for those who are creative. I have abdominal pain which is getting worse and spreading, including rectal pain. I had about 10 ER visits. They did endoscopy, abd x-ray, ultrasound and blood work. They found gallstones and bile duct dilation but it is not the cause of my pain. They are coping out with various excuses. In here you don't pay for what test you want, you can't. My Q is, how can I convince those quacks to do abd CT scan and a colonoscopy? I believe I need to do those 2 tests in order to get some diagnosis and then hopefully treat it. It is hard to deal with quacks.

On the first question all I can say is that your dose is at the high range for Rx but not excessive. However everyone different.

I doubt you’ll build dependence in just a few days or have any noticeable effects when you do stop.

I took 30 mg dexedrine for almost 4 years and occasionally took a day or a few days off and never noticed any comedown or craving effects.

Anything you do feel would be very brief.

On the second question gallstones can give the most excruciating pain imaginable and doctors in public health systems are always reticent to remove them until you are basically dying from the agony.

Doctors often identify things through a process of exclusion following a standard diagnostic protocol. Ask them whether the tests you want are part of the protocol and what needs to be ruled out first before they will be used. If the tests are not part of the protocol for your symptoms you are probably out of luck until you finish medical school or find a private doctor who will do anything for a price.

Last edited by a moderator:
You lie.
Go to a new GP.
Tell them you’ve lost a large amount of weight in a short time (excess of 20 kilo on few months) suffering shortness of breath, constant pain and nausea, can’t hold down food and water and you’re becoming depressed and stressed with it all.
Dont forget to add the headaches. That sometimes take your vision temporarily Migraines. All the time.

All that really did happen to me lol
But it got me an MRI for my head, Endo and colonoscopy (those aren’t fun hey? Would not recommend) and a chest CT.
Still didn’t get any answers, just a side note diagnosis of COPD.

Gall stones can and do cause excruciating pain, and those stones can end up all over the place, pancreas, liver etc causing havoc.
Try a gall stone/liver cleanse for a few days, and change your diet.
They won’t operate til you almost die.

You lie.
Go to a new GP.
Tell them you’ve lost a large amount of weight in a short time (excess of 20 kilo on few months) suffering shortness of breath, constant pain and nausea, can’t hold down food and water and you’re becoming depressed and stressed with it all.
Dont forget to add the headaches. That sometimes take your vision temporarily Migraines. All the time.

All that really did happen to me lol
But it got me an MRI for my head, Endo and colonoscopy (those aren’t fun hey? Would not recommend) and a chest CT.
Still didn’t get any answers, just a side note diagnosis of COPD.

Gall stones can and do cause excruciating pain, and those stones can end up all over the place, pancreas, liver etc causing havoc.
Try a gall stone/liver cleanse for a few days, and change your diet.
They won’t operate til you almost die.
Shortness of breath, pain, nausea and pain after eating or drinking is there always. The pain I experience cannot be due to gallstone.
I told them I see blood in the stool (which I actually did for a year but they said it's hemorrhoids without any inspection) but since my blood test is OK they refuse other testings.
But the pain is real and constant. I even often cry. An ambulance took me in a few times. But I do get a little better while there and they send me home.
The worst part is they give nothing for pain even though I told them I cannot take narcotics.
Prevention or early detection of a disease is the best cure.
I have to keep going and will add weigh loss to it.
The other problem for me is to be able to keep going and insisting on tests I have to take my dexedrine daily and that scares me.

Shortness of breath, pain, nausea and pain after eating or drinking is there always. The pain I experience cannot be due to gallstone.
I told them I see blood in the stool (which I actually did for a year but they said it's hemorrhoids without any inspection) but since my blood test is OK they refuse other testings.
But the pain is real and constant. I even often cry. An ambulance took me in a few times. But I do get a little better while there and they send me home.
The worst part is they give nothing for pain even though I told them I cannot take narcotics.
Prevention or early detection of a disease is the best cure.
I have to keep going and will add weigh loss to it.
The other problem for me is to be able to keep going and insisting on tests I have to take my dexedrine daily and that scares me.
Absolutely and your worst case scenario will be found during colonoscopy.
Which is what my doctor originally thought, bowel cancer.
There was a slight tear in my intestinal tract, caused I believe by using too many anti inflammatories, but that cleared itself and the bleeding stopped.

I don’t really understand the reliance on blood results the way our system accepts. I know a lot of big nasties are picked up early in the blood but there’s loads that don’t show there too.
Honestly I think the system has entirely shit itself. There’s no funds to spend, everything is categorised to the finest line and nothing is ever ‘investigated’ unless deemed fatal.
Don’t even get me started 😂

Best of luck though, I hope you find whatever it is soon and get a solution x

I was on dexedrine 25mg 2x daily for 2 years. In the last 3 months a weaned off. Due to my pre existing depression, and the fact that dexedrine was helping my depression, now I feel like a whack. Now since I have some serious abdominal pain I took 45mg today so I can go to ER. My question is, since it's been 1 week since I slowly tapered it, and today took high dose, I will need to take it for a few days more (to be able to deal with physical illness). Will it set me back?

My second question is only for those who are creative. I have abdominal pain which is getting worse and spreading, including rectal pain. I had about 10 ER visits. They did endoscopy, abd x-ray, ultrasound and blood work. They found gallstones and bile duct dilation but it is not the cause of my pain. They are coping out with various excuses. In here you don't pay for what test you want, you can't. My Q is, how can I convince those quacks to do abd CT scan and a colonoscopy? I believe I need to do those 2 tests in order to get some diagnosis and then hopefully treat it. It is hard to deal with quacks.

Absolutely and your worst case scenario will be found during colonoscopy.
Which is what my doctor originally thought, bowel cancer.
There was a slight tear in my intestinal tract, caused I believe by using too many anti inflammatories, but that cleared itself and the bleeding stopped.

I don’t really understand the reliance on blood results the way our system accepts. I know a lot of big nasties are picked up early in the blood but there’s loads that don’t show there too.
Honestly I think the system has entirely shit itself. There’s no funds to spend, everything is categorised to the finest line and nothing is ever ‘investigated’ unless deemed fatal.
Don’t even get me started 😂

Best of luck though, I hope you find whatever it is soon and get a solution x
That's what I think too. Colonoscopy.
This morning I went to the ER again and they did the routine. Lab work and an x-ray. The quack asks me why I keep going back for the same problems. I said would you stay home if the pain is constantly 8/10 and cannot eat nor drink. Would you demand more tests to be done? He said well....yes...
He then gave me a CT scan. It was normal.
Now more than ever I think my pain is gastrointestinal.
I don't know how to convince them to do a colonoscopy next time I go. When the opioids used to work for me I was full of ideas. Now that they don't and being depressed and in pain, I can't think clearly.
BTW, when I was done I wanted to go to the department where my father is. He has cancer that spread and many complications so now they wanna do a surgery which may prolong his life a bit otherwise he will die within days. They said no visitors allowed due to so-called covid. I went behind them and went upstairs while being on the phone talking to the nurse and she said you really can't visit, I turned back and left. 20 minutes later that nurse calls me and said did I go behind the security office? I said yes. She said you shouldn't have now security is looking for you. LOL. I told her to give them my address. If I was healthy both physically and mentally I would give a hard time these all-about-covid idiots. Pissed me off. But you can't fight when ill.

Try to think of something regarding the scopes lol. I already have one idea but IDK if that will work.

That's what I think too. Colonoscopy.
This morning I went to the ER again and they did the routine. Lab work and an x-ray. The quack asks me why I keep going back for the same problems. I said would you stay home if the pain is constantly 8/10 and cannot eat nor drink. Would you demand more tests to be done? He said well....yes...
He then gave me a CT scan. It was normal.
Now more than ever I think my pain is gastrointestinal.
I don't know how to convince them to do a colonoscopy next time I go. When the opioids used to work for me I was full of ideas. Now that they don't and being depressed and in pain, I can't think clearly.
BTW, when I was done I wanted to go to the department where my father is. He has cancer that spread and many complications so now they wanna do a surgery which may prolong his life a bit otherwise he will die within days. They said no visitors allowed due to so-called covid. I went behind them and went upstairs while being on the phone talking to the nurse and she said you really can't visit, I turned back and left. 20 minutes later that nurse calls me and said did I go behind the security office? I said yes. She said you shouldn't have now security is looking for you. LOL. I told her to give them my address. If I was healthy both physically and mentally I would give a hard time these all-about-covid idiots. Pissed me off. But you can't fight when ill.

Try to think of something regarding the scopes lol. I already have one idea but IDK if that will work.

The basis for mine I think was predominantly the large amount of weight loss and something in a urine sample suggesting that there was a protein in a place in my body where one shouldn’t be. Probably I just had a kidney infection or the like but can’t recall exactly now but ended up being unrelated also.
Fingers crossed your bloods produce a hint at least, but you’d have to be the f person I’ve encountered in the last year or two with the same onset of pain and seemingly unrelated symptoms causing high anxiety about a physical complaint that doesn’t ever seem to come to light under investigation.

My sister had the same ‘medical nervous breakdown’ as myself about a year and a half after me, neither of us were typical hypochondriacs previously, the opposite really, a limb would have to entirely fall off before I’d bother seeing a doctor before this and after every imaginable test we both came back with a random unrelated diagnosis or two that went nowhere to explaining our symptoms and just created more questions.
She too has small stones, considered not problematic enough to cause symptoms. PCOD causing cysts in her ovaries and a whole lot of fucking nothing.
I went in thinking we might find bowel problems or something and come out with bloody COPD and Silicosis.
Another friend has had her gall bladder completely removed and is still in agony, they’re looking into irritable bowel syndrome now.

The basis for mine I think was predominantly the large amount of weight loss and something in a urine sample suggesting that there was a protein in a place in my body where one shouldn’t be. Probably I just had a kidney infection or the like but can’t recall exactly now but ended up being unrelated also.
Fingers crossed your bloods produce a hint at least, but you’d have to be the f person I’ve encountered in the last year or two with the same onset of pain and seemingly unrelated symptoms causing high anxiety about a physical complaint that doesn’t ever seem to come to light under investigation.

My sister had the same ‘medical nervous breakdown’ as myself about a year and a half after me, neither of us were typical hypochondriacs previously, the opposite really, a limb would have to entirely fall off before I’d bother seeing a doctor before this and after every imaginable test we both came back with a random unrelated diagnosis or two that went nowhere to explaining our symptoms and just created more questions.
She too has small stones, considered not problematic enough to cause symptoms. PCOD causing cysts in her ovaries and a whole lot of fucking nothing.
I went in thinking we might find bowel problems or something and come out with bloody COPD and Silicosis.
Another friend has had her gall bladder completely removed and is still in agony, they’re looking into irritable bowel syndrome now.
They want me to remove my gallstone too but I know it is not the cause of pain. They know it too because blood work shows no gallbladder issues. I'm not a hypo either but due to serious pain, I need to find a way to do scopes asap since the quacks don't bother to care.

I’m not doubting anything you have said, but are you certain the pain is not related to your gallstone. Perhaps even partially?

I have never experienced pain and internal discomfort anything like what a gallstone gave me. The pain was felt all through my abdomen and into my chest and at times rendered me incapable of moving. The way you described your pain above sounds quite similar.

Anyway, I’m glad you seem to be making some progress on getting more tests done. I hope you get relief from it all soon.

I’m not doubting anything you have said, but are you certain the pain is not related to your gallstone. Perhaps even partially?

I have never experienced pain and internal discomfort anything like what a gallstone gave me. The pain was felt all through my abdomen and into my chest and at times rendered me incapable of moving. The way you described your pain above sounds quite similar.

Anyway, I’m glad you seem to be making some progress on getting more tests done. I hope you get relief from it all soon.
They told me the pain is not typical for gallstone pain. Like, I also have rectal pain. And when they do a digital rectal exam my abdomen hurts. The blood test shows no gallbladder problems.
My mom had gallstones and when she got pain she was screaming from it but it didn't last months like mine.
But who knows.
What bothers me is the CT test results I reviewed tonight. It says my bile duct looks completely normal but I have bile duct narrowing that cannot heal. Then it says I have 3 small gallstones while 2 months ago they said it is only 1 the size of 15mm. Also, it says my liver looks normal but I have a moderately non-alcoholic fatty liver. And the scan was with a contrast which is supposed to show better.
I saw my doc tonight and asked him to refer me for a colonoscopy. He said they may refuse to do it because I've done it 2.5 years ago. Can you believe that? I didn't have all these symptoms back then.
Besides the pain, my fear is because I can't eat and drink. Also, I just found out I lost 10 lbs since I checked it last.
Anyway, thanks for your support man.

In reply to your primary question. Depression is worsened with abrupt cessation of Dex-Amphetamin. Or any other stimulant.

So just for minimizing that problem tapering is a good idea.