Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film Hateful Eight

Rate this film:

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lets not step out of line, max. Leave the Js alone! Keep this civil.

listen between the lines and how the power dynamics play and fluctuate. its all there, man. the drama and tension is thick and it replaces the simple plot point progression of his last few films.

The general plot structure I enjoyed, it was one of my favorite characteristics of the film. The performances were also great. The quasi-political nuances in the character exposition throughout, were all great i Thought. Tying them all together though into a great film though, is no easy task. Which is why its going to take more viewings to see how i really feel about it, but i honestly dont think my rating will change, even if my appreciation of the film does.

NSFW:
I knew very early on, that once they reached the cabin that no one was walk in out of there. As early as when Sam Jackson was in the stables questioning the mexican about the house' owners. After that, i knew exactly what kind of film it was going to be

But who doesnt enjoy a good "who done it?", with such a great cast?

I finally saw it. I liked it because it was different. Not his absolute best film, but not bad at all. Pissed that I missed the 70mm version.

Last edited:
Banned.

AND I'll step on your Js.

Lets not step out of line, max. Leave the Js alone! Keep this civil.

lol x 2
but alas i have changed much since the before times. i now have more pairs of adidas than i do of jordans. never thought i would say this.

The general plot structure I enjoyed, it was one of my favorite characteristics of the film. The performances were also great. The quasi-political nuances in the character exposition throughout, were all great i Thought. Tying them all together though into a great film though, is no easy task. Which is why its going to take more viewings to see how i really feel about it, but i honestly dont think my rating will change, even if my appreciation of the film does.

NSFW:
I knew very early on, that once they reached the cabin that no one was walk in out of there. As early as when Sam Jackson was in the stables questioning the mexican about the house' owners. After that, i knew exactly what kind of film it was going to be

But who doesnt enjoy a good "who done it?", with such a great cast?

i watched it again last night, and the difference between the 70mm version and the cut version was noticeable. although it was only 6 mins in total, there are several parts that aren't as worked through as the longer version. but at the same time, the pacing is a little better with the slight tweaks.

i really, REALLY enjoy every character here. but if there is one thing missing, i think it is
NSFW:
a protagonist. SLJ's character is as close as it gets, but he is actually the most sadistic of them all. the way he dealt with the old guy's son, then rubbed it in the old guy's face, then watched the hanging with glee. i mean, he has plenty of reason to be so hateful, but he takes his hate far further than any of the others.

What are you thoughts on an "anti-hero" there, Lefty?

edit: also, your lack of Air Jordans disturbs me.

How was the pacing of the movie? Did it feel like a 3 hour movie or did it move along faster?

The only movie theater around here that is playing it has those fancy reclining seats. I've yet to go to this theater since they remodeled and put in these fancy seats. I'm just worried that if the seats are real comfortable (they're like couch seats) with a 3 hour running time that I might get drowsy during it. Was wondering how well it kept everyone's interest throughout the film.

It felt like a three hour movie, but held your attention so it wasn't bad. I never felt like when is this going to end. The pacing seemed slow IMO.

Last edited:
^agreed.

CL, don't go already tired. maybe have some caffeine or a drink or both.

What are you thoughts on an "anti-hero" there, Lefty?

ordinarily just fine. it's just that since he isn't clearly the main character, it throws the empathy one normally gets with anti-heroes who are the centre of attention.

edit: also, your lack of Air Jordans disturbs me.
appy polly loggies

I read a quick review. http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Hateful-Eight-Snubbed-Oscars-39811772. The movie seemed like a play for a lot of it, but that's what made it good. It will become a classic. ^^Jennifer Jason Leigh was excellent in the film. She definitely deserves an academy award, I'll watch it again to see her act. I don't care what the critics say or the people who just don't get it, the film was excellent as it was. Each actor did their parts very well.

Last edited: