• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Hash Rosin

It can vary a lot depending on the strain used. You should report your yields back here when you’re done along with strain used.

-GC

So it went horribly.

I used some Tangie OG that was kinda frosty, chopped it in a blender, mixed it vigorously in the ice water, then started sending the liquid through the mesh.

The finest mesh was 25 micron, and that yielded some dope hash. Probably some of the best I've ever smoked. I'm still mad though, because from a qp I got 2.8g of hash. Not nearly enough for rosin. Not terribly sure where I fucked the process, but the byproducts of the extraction were all usable. After being dried back out, the weed was still smokeable and clearly had oodles of thc left. The water that had been through all sizes of mesh was still gold in color, so a buddy and I boiled the water down to a dank concoction and had a cup each. This decision resulted in my having to call in sick to work because I woke up zooted. It wasn't even that I didn't want to go, I just wasn't capable of the drive. Based on that, I'm thinking about boiling down the water completely and seeing what residue remains.

Definitely going bho next time.

Chopping in a blender might destroy trichomes which could reduce the yield of a mechanical extraction like that

I now know that shake is indeed the way to go for bubble hash.

Recently tried again with 2oz of some good durban poison shake with better results, ended up with well over five grams of good, lightly blonde hash. Pressed it all slowly with the nugsmasher mini set at 170° and had enough rosin to make two carts and had a half gram leftover. Speaking of which, those durban rosin carts bring lsd-like visuals/patterns out of the damn grass, anyone else think heady sativa concentrates are kinda visual?

I'm gonna make more of these carts now that I know what works for the most part, just gonna stick to shake since I'm pretty sure the grinding is where I erred last time. For those looking to replicate, 20g-25g shake yields about a gram of hash rosin, though the process is so tedious I think I prefer flower rosin extractions which yield around 15-25% depending on the bud. Hash rosin is as pure as solventless extractions get but currently my start to finish yields are around 5%-7%. Still, if I happen upon a large quantity of shake in the future, this will be the new method.