• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Has to happen to anyone else? (when taking opioids during gabapentin withdrawal)

cataclysmi

Greenlighter
I’m one of the unlucky people who get pretty nasty gabapentin withdrawals. Been on them for 5 years 2400mg per day. Something freaky happened to me and wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience, or could explain why this happens.

I used to be addicted to heroin, but with the help of gabapentin I was able to kick the habit at home, I’ve been on them ever since.

One day I ran out of my script a few days early and could not get any. The withdrawals weee pretty bad, similar to opioid withdrawal. I was however able to get some dope. I did a small shot thinking maybe it would help mask the gab withdrawal, it maybe got rid of 60-80% of the muscle aches and chills , but all of a sudden my entire body from head to toe got severely itchy. Like a burning hives type itch. It was absolute torture and didn’t go away until I finally was able to get 1200mg of gab later that day.

I thought maybe it was the dope but I know it was good (I watched my friend do a big shot). So I decided a few days later I was going to not take my gabs until I felt withdrawals and then SNIFF some dope (different stuff from a different guy), and the SAME THING HAPPENED. Luckily I had gabs on hand and was able to relieve the massive burning itch.

Can someone explain this or has it happen to anyone else?

I get burning from kratom goes down my legs and into my feet, leaves big red circles. Doesn’t hurt or anything, it’s just there. I was also addicted to Gabba taking about 3000mg a day. What a horrible withdrawal experience that was. 3 weeks I layed in bed coming off all the drugs, I just wanted to die, but man….it was the worst. Everything hurt not just like hurt but like extremely hurt. Kratom helps me pretty well. I haven’t bought any drugs since 2018.