• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Has it been long enough?

BlueEyedBaby6969

Greenlighter
If someone takes klonopin (0.5 mg) once daily, and it’s been 13 hours since taking it last, is it safe for them to take a 50 mg tramadol that’s 4 years old? This probably sounds extremely ridiculous, but I had a friend overdose from taking the wrong combination of cold and sleeping medications years ago and I’m probably overly paranoid about drug interactions.

Yes you should perfect safe. Both doses are on the small end of the spectrum and the 13hr period in between is more than enough time to allow the drug concentrations of a single dose diminish.

Unless you have a hypersensitivity to either of these, you have the greenlight to move forward with your meds IMO. I'm glad you asked instead of just doing it though =).

Mr. Deeds

Yes you should perfect safe. Both doses are on the small end of the spectrum and the 13hr period in between is more than enough time to allow the drug concentrations of a single dose diminish.

Unless you have a hypersensitivity to either of these, you have the greenlight to move forward with your meds IMO. I'm glad you asked instead of just doing it though =).

Mr. Deeds

Thank you! Also, a family member gave me a small quantity of them probably 9 months ago after a car accident and they have been sealed in a plastic baggy in my nightstand (dark and cool). Prior to that I know they had been in the prescription bottle. Do you think that is considered proper storage since they are about 4 years old?

Benzos will lose potency after a while but I'm not too sure about tramadol. I imagine 4 years might make the pills less effective. But I'm pretty sure that there are no toxic byproducts of tramadol if not used by the expiration date (for example some antibiotics can become toxic if left unused). I'm at school or I would check for you. Others here will be able to answer this though. If nobody knows then I suggest a quick Google search before consuming them, something along the lines of "does tramadol degrade after it expires".

Tramadol will be full potency. You are safe, but it's goood you asked. Defintaly a questionable drug combo, but 12+ hours is fine, unless you have an allergy or something
MBTW, they have done studies, medications were still fully potent after 40 years!