• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has cannabis made you LOSE weight or GAIN weight?

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
It has made me gain weight.

My idea on cannabis making you lose weight is that if you DON'T eat on your "munchies" or "stimulation of apetite receptors", the drop in sugar level(correct me if that's the wrong mechanism for munchies) will need to be automatically replaced by the body so stored fat or glucose containing cells will be used up and thus make you "lose" weight.

Idk if I'm right here... I'm kinda high and that's my thoughts...

Personal experiences and theories?

Its allowed me to binge on stupid amounts of food and stay lean, all you have to do is exercise (particularly weight training/bodybuilding), if you can get used to doing it while high, it makes training actually fun, especially with electronic music. Its actually good to be introverted while weight training so weed helps you get in the zone, plus the workout will release adrenaline and endorphins to keep you stimulated and not dopey.

well I was a bit overweight like 2 years ago then during the summer I went to the gym almost every day and was smoking pretty much everyday..
it wasn't directly caused by the weed but it helped in a way, maybe providing the motivation to hit the gym and some insight as to what I had to change in my life.

was never hungry when stoned the just ate normal afterwards but i smoked pot not weed so that could of been one reason

Definitely makes me lose weight, because:
A.When I'm not stoned I can't eat
B. When I wake up after smoking a ton the previous night, I'm often too lazy to cook

Gain, because I get anxious when high even though I still love the feeling of getting high, and the only way to get rid of the anxiety and fully enjoy the high is for me to get drunk while smoking, hence TONS of extra calories.

It's one of the reasons I've had to quit, and something I hope I can figure out a solution to.

It's why I started my other thread on "reducing anxiety while high".

I wish drinking wasn't the only way to enjoy being high, but for some reason it usually is for me.

Smoking buds usually results in weight gain for me. It doesn't matter if I smoke sativa or indica, I usually end up couch-locked and hungry for hours.

When I switched to regularly smoking BHO, I began to lose weight quite rapidly. I feel so much more functional after taking a dab than I do after smoking a bowl. Getting extremely high on BHO made it much easier for me to workout; I began to do it in order to motivate me to get on the treadmill. The bottom line is that I'm much more active and productive when I smoke concentrates as opposed to buds, and I don't develop as much of an appetite.

For me personally, I have no appetite without weed.. like I just won't get hungry. No stomach pains/pangs and very little thoughts about food, even when surrounded by it. BUT, with my metabolism, I'll struggle to keep my muscle mass up if I don't eat enough. So weed has definitely helped me overall as far as food intake/fitness/etc. Plus I obviously enjoy the taste of food immensely more when high.

I feel same same most here, more activated n such.
I rarely get the munchies, and even if I'm not actualy active, ussualy I'm so concentrated on whatever task I'm doing "drawing, gaming" that I simply forget about eating altogether.

As for hard facts proving this, all I can say is that I gained about 15 pounds after my partner forced me to stop. :/

For me personally, I have no appetite without weed.. like I just won't get hungry. No stomach pains/pangs and very little thoughts about food, even when surrounded by it. BUT, with my metabolism, I'll struggle to keep my muscle mass up if I don't eat enough. So weed has definitely helped me overall as far as food intake/fitness/etc. Plus I obviously enjoy the taste of food immensely more when high.

Damn you lucky ectomorphs haha...

Definitely makes me lose weight, because:
A.When I'm not stoned I can't eat
B. When I wake up after smoking a ton the previous night, I'm often too lazy to cook

I don't get this: if you can't eat when your not high doesn't that mean you eat more when your high so you gain weight from being high?

I don't get this: if you can't eat when your not high doesn't that mean you eat more when your high so you gain weight from being high?

well weed doesn't make me starving it just makes me able to eat, so I eat normal when I'm high, but during periods where I smoke a lot, I don't eat quite as much because I'm not generally stoned all time, with some exceptions.

when I'm not smoking a lot I can eat fine...

Seeing as cannabis stops my hunger cold until I sober up again I lose weight while smoking all day every day =D as soon as I quit for a while I gain weight again. It's really strange but cannabis is some sort of stimulant for me. I get more active, sociable, talkative and my concentration goes up. Furthermore my hunger passes and I can't fall asleep if I just smoked some, I need to be almost sober to be able to sleep

Seeing as cannabis stops my hunger cold until I sober up again I lose weight while smoking all day every day =D as soon as I quit for a while I gain weight again. It's really strange but cannabis is some sort of stimulant for me. I get more active, sociable, talkative and my concentration goes up. Furthermore my hunger passes and I can't fall asleep if I just smoked some, I need to be almost sober to be able to sleep

You sure there isn't any meth sprinkled in your bud? Haha.
I'm quite the opposite though. I cant stop eating whilst stoned and become quite 'to-myself' whilst high. Usually lost in abstract thoughts even throughout a social function. When I stop smoking, my apetite goes to shit. I'd feel hungry but halfway through the meal I become 'full' and have no desire to continue eating..

I just began detoxing from weed too so we'll see how it plans out.

You sure there isn't any meth sprinkled in your bud? Haha.
I'm quite the opposite though. I cant stop eating whilst stoned and become quite 'to-myself' whilst high. Usually lost in abstract thoughts even throughout a social function. When I stop smoking, my apetite goes to shit. I'd feel hungry but halfway through the meal I become 'full' and have no desire to continue eating..

I just began detoxing from weed too so we'll see how it plans out.

Haha yes I am sure =D I live right next to the Netherlands so always have the highest grade bud money can buy. My doc says it's because I have ADD (blahblah, I'm 25, who has ADD when they are that age?) that weed works different for me because ADD is a deficiency in dopamine and weed also works partly on the dopamine system. Don't know what the real cause is, just that it has always been like that. Weed is a real party-drug for me and also something that is incredibly helpful for my concentration. I can concentrate so hard on something when baked that I sometimes literally forget to breathe, while I have no concentration whatsoever when sober. As for the food, if I start smoking as soon as I wake up and don't give my body a few moments to sober up a bit somewhere during the day I will not get hungry at all the entire day. Also it is much much harder for me to get drunk when baked. My hearth rate goes up (not only in the beginning, as long as I am baked my hearth rate is noticeably higher). So in my case weed has all the properties of a mild stimulant

Last edited:
If anything,weed has kept me lean. I havnt lost or gained weight on it. Just stayed in a healthy weight category.

Cannabis and cannabinoids have no effect on my weight.