Mental Health Has anyone used an online prescriber for ADHD meds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenworth

Greenlighter
I am living many hours away from home while caring for a family member, and my insurance, doctor and all that are fine with me finding a local doctor while I'm too far to make regular doctor appointments (and get my Amphetam/Destroamp prescription refills).

There's nothing reasonably close to this area (farm country) and I'm wondering if there's a clear winner among some of the online doctor/prescribing services.

Has anyone had experience with Cerebral, Ahead, or another online doctor service, good or bad? Thanks in advance!

Moved from BDD to Mental Health.

I left this open given that discussions pertaining to the access of mental health services is a valid topic, however it would be best not to get into specifics.

Personally I do have experience with one of those (won't say which) and it has actually been a very good experience. I thought it was going to be a shady prescription pill mill but they actually deliver legitimate psychiatric care.

Yeah I don't really condone this sort of conversation on good 'ol MH but we can see where it goes. May have to close it down, but we'll see.

Not really a good idea, in my opinion, as they all but say that they're there for such reasons...

Have you tried non-stimulants? They work around the clock.

I tried ADHDOnline.com (I believe). Everything went great until I mentioned I was on other psych meds, at which point they said they would need my prescribing physician to sign-off on the ADHD Meds. I was in-between Dr's at the time so I didn't really have a prescribing physician. At any rate they wouldn't write me a script because of that issue, and I went through my bank and got a refund for the transaction.

Moral of the Story: Don't say you have any other issues besides ADHD. Don't say you're taking any other Meds.

Yeah........this thread is kinda sketchy. Online Dr.s are fine but lying to them to get stims isn't.

Physicians need to know what we are taking so they don't prescribe meds that will cause issues.

@AlphaMethylPhenyl had the right idea so I will close it for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.