• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Has anyone taken Chlordiazepoxide / Librium?

Has anyone take Chlordiazepoxide / Librium ?

• Yeah it's great

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Yeah average / mediocre

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No first time I hear it about

• It's shit

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Hey fellas,

What do you guys think of this benzo? The first benzo discovered by chance, then Valium came and the story is known.

Has anyone taken it? Doesn't it seem a little euphoric? I have never felt euphoria with benzos but with this thing I did feel something.

The only problem is that it is a bit weak (25mg = 10mg diazepam I think?)

Hey fellas,

What do you guys think of this benzo? The first benzo discovered by chance, then Valium came and the story is known.

Has anyone taken it? Doesn't it seem a little euphoric? I have never felt euphoria with benzos but with this thing I did feel something.

I was given quite a lot (several scripts) to quit alcohol a few years ago.

For the purpose of alcohol withdrawal it's great.

However relative to all other benzos it's kinda lame and weak.

It has a unique feeling among benzos. It's kinda subtle but also good. Not euphoric or as relaxing as other benzos.

Tolerance develops very rapidly quicker than most benzos. At a certain point after a few months I literally couldn't feel anything no matter how much I took. (It should be noted that I was taking it daily for months, usually it's only given out in a week or two supply)

There was very little withdrawal or rebound compared to all other benzos.

It is kinda weak, I would say closer to 50mg = 10mg Diaz.

It's amazing for alcohol withdrawal but kinda sucks for recreational purposes.

It's not very amnesiac or hypnotic at all and is quite functional.

Overall it's kinda meh. Id buy some if it was cheap and available, but other than that I'm spending my money on better drugs.

Last edited:
I was given quite a lot (several scripts) to quit alcohol a few years ago.

For the purpose of alcohol withdrawal it's great.

However relative to all other benzos it's kinda lame and weak.

It has a unique feeling among benzos. It's kinda subtle but also good. Not euphoric or as relaxing as other benzos.

Tolerance develops very rapidly quicker than most benzos. At a certain point after a few months I literally couldn't feel anything no matter how much I took. (It should be noted that I was taking it daily for months, usually it's only given out in a week or two supply)

There was very little withdrawal or rebound compared to all other benzos.

It is kinda weak, I would say closer to 50mg = 10mg Diaz.

It's amazing for alcohol withdrawal but kinda sucks for recreational purposes.

It's not very amnesiac or hypnotic at all and is quite functional.

Overall it's kinda meh. Id buy some if it was cheap and available, but other than that I'm spending my money on better drugs.

Wow, maybe I found it more euphoric because I took it very few times and when I had little experience with benzos.

Do you have any opinion on bromazepam?What do you think of it?

Do you have any opinion on bromazepam?What do you think of it?
Never done it before. Ive done all the mainstream pharma benzos but only a few RC ones.

Don't get me wrong Librium can definitely be relaxing, enjoyable and recreational, I just don't think it can hold a candle to real benzos.

If I were to compare librium to another benzo... I'd probably say it's similar to valium but much much less muscle relaxation

Yah it's average but still better than frisium (clobazam) or lysanxia (prazepam)

Bromazepam is the good stuff it's the most prescribed benzo in france, don't really know what to compare it with, still like diazepam better because of duration.

Hey fellas,

I've been given Librium for alcohol withdrawal. Mainly hard shit like vodka etc. It worked great. They gave me 5 15mg caps while there. Then they monitored me for like an hour. The doc sent me home with a script of 15 25mg caps. Bye bye withdrawals!

I've been given Librium for alcohol withdrawal. Mainly hard shit like vodka etc. It worked great. They gave me 5 15mg caps while there. Then they monitored me for like an hour. The doc sent me home with a script of 15 25mg caps. Bye bye withdrawals!

Shit. I envy you a bit man 🤣 , I once took 25mg of Chlordiazepoxide and found it great. Zero anxiety, does not cause as much drowsiness as other benzos and even feel some euphoria that with other benzos I do not feel.

Shit. I envy you a bit man 🤣 , I once took 25mg of Chlordiazepoxide and found it great. Zero anxiety, does not cause as much drowsiness as other benzos and even feel some euphoria that with other benzos I do not feel.
Yep. Almost exactly what they did to me. They basically tatke you down to baseline not much drowsiness but it sure takes away the anxiety associated with withdrawal.

Everytime I hear librium I remember one of our neighbors when I was younger who was on librium for 20 years. She was a nice christian lady that listened to her doctor. Except the doctor did not know about tapering benzos so she went CT and ended up in a mental institution diagnosed with a "nervous break down" This was late 1980s and 90's. I honestly thought even then doctors should have known.

But yeah librium was one of the first benzos along with diazepam that started taking the place of barbiturates if a med was needed.

Taking Benzodiazepines for the sole purpose of getting high is the worst thing you can do. You'll never find a harder and more dangerous class of drug to break free from. Severe withdrawal symptoms can last for years (if you avoid having any deadly seizures). It's really not a class of drug to be fucked with.

Taking Benzodiazepines for the sole purpose of getting high is the worst thing you can do. You'll never find a harder and more dangerous class of drug to break free from. Severe withdrawal symptoms can last for years (if you avoid having any deadly seizures). It's really not a class of drug to be fucked with.
This should really be taken note of for new benzo/benzo naive people.

I've known people 5 years clean of Benzo's - yet still suffering withdrawal symptoms. 5 years!!!

I have never felt high on benzodiazepines except Librium, Clotiazepam and maybe Lorazepam. But the popular Xanax gave me nothing, just drowsiness. I have taken benzos (for 1-2 months) twice in the last 2 years and have always been able to quit by tapering with Diazepam. I only take benzos to avoid seizures from tramadol or tapentadol.

My experience is EXTREMELEY BIASED, because it was the first benzo I took and one of the first pills (for fun) I ever took, and I was only 16. (1975)
A pal of mine stole a few from his mom and gave me a couple-- I don't know the mgs, but I think they were green&white capsules. Took 2 halfway thru a school day and I recall enjoying the fuck out of school the rest of that day. Relaxed euphoria, everything seemed funny.
Went on to play with Valium, Klonipin, Ativan, Xanax, and a couple other benzos whose names I don't recall. Used some for alcohol withdrawal, for which they worked well.
Never got the same euphoria I remembered from that first Librium experience.
Got a bit strung out on Xanax (with alcohol) in the 1990's and it is indeed a nasty habit. Never again, thank you.

Lorazepam

Tried that recently as I'd wanted to try it since getting into benzos years ago and it was the weakest one ever, I even sent it to wedinos and it came back as Lorazepam, and it was in a genuine blister pack and sealed box, funny thing is I know someone in South Africa and they can buy benzos over the counter and you know the shit going on there right now, well people have been stock pilling benzos etc from the chemist's but even though the chemist's ran out of almost all the benzos they still had a load of lorazepam left lol

Here's the ones I had

Lorazepam

I have never felt high on benzodiazepines except Librium, Clotiazepam and maybe Lorazepam. But the popular Xanax gave me nothing, just drowsiness. I have taken benzos (for 1-2 months) twice in the last 2 years and have always been able to quit by tapering with Diazepam. I only take benzos to avoid seizures from tramadol or tapentadol.
You may just be one of those individuals that can take benzo's on and off periodically without any major issues.

Word of caution though. Benzo's are known to have a kindling effect. This means it could become increasingly harder for you to withdrawal from them in the future with repetitive reinstatements.

Some people can be fine on and off Benzo's for a number of years, only to be hit suddenly with protracted withdrawal.

A lot gets said about the "opioid epidemic". But withdrawing from opioids is absolutely nothing in comparison to withdrawing from Benzo's once you've hit protracted withdrawal. Your arms and legs feel like they're on fire constantly. You're lucky if you get a couple of hours of sleep per week. You try desperately, but when you're lying down, your arms and legs just won't stop twitching. Your neck gets so stiff, it's as if your head suddenly weighs 10x more. There's a head pressure that never lets up and you think your head is going to explode. The sheer terror, anxiety and panic is relentless. Every day you're convinced you're going to die in some awful way. And that's not even the worst of it my friend, these symptoms can drag on for years, even after tapering off.

Benzo's may prevent seizures, but they also cause them. Don't automatically assume that because you've been ok every other time, that your next time will be the same. Benzo's leave a permanent mark in the brain every time they're re-used and you may just end up with one too many when you least expect it.