• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has anyone smoked weed after recovering from a psychotic episode?

psychocopuff

Greenlighter
I had marijuana induced psychosis and got off resperidone about a month ago. I know doctors and most people say its better to avoid smoking again. I read somewhere that 50% of people who had a psychotic episode relapse back into smoking. Has anyone been okay going back to smoking? Is the expierience different after recovery? Does the mind build a tolerance to psychosis or is it weaker to relapse? Would I have to only smoke high cbd strains like pennywise? Thanks, hope you're enjoying life

we get these questions a lot. the risk is yours, sir. it is your mind you are playing with. the question is if it's worth it. for us to tell you go ahead can be dangerous because you're looking for the 'ok' and nobody but yourself should make that decision.

high CBD strains may be a better fit but again - this is your risk. you can start small and take it slow and if it becomes too much then drop it for good but tread carefully.

i have a friend who went psychotic from weed and still smokes to this day. he's never been the same..

i dont know what you mean by pscychotic episode but i got really bad panic attacks, anxiety and really weird trippy mind states which im sure a normal person would consider at least borderline psychotic. i stopped smoking for several years then started again. i have not had any of those problems this time around and ive been smoking an average of 4 times a week for the past 3 years or so.