• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! Has anyone on Amitriptyline tried DMT?

Id also be curious how it might combine with harmala alkaloids if she were to smoke changa.

Why in God's name is anyone on amitriptyline in this day and age? My doctor (GP) was shocked when I told him my gastroenterologist tried to keep me on it. He said it has the worst side-effects of any anti-depressant he'd ever seen, and I certainly felt that way too...

Why in God's name is anyone on amitriptyline in this day and age? My doctor (GP) was shocked when I told him my gastroenterologist tried to keep me on it. He said it has the worst side-effects of any anti-depressant he'd ever seen, and I certainly felt that way too...
I take it for nausea from cyclic vomiting syndrome and it's the only thing that's working for my nausea. I been taking benzos for nausea for years but this stuff works even better. Its weird as shit but it's helped me a lot

The side effects ARE horrible, mostly the blurred vision, I'm hoping I build up a tolerance and my body learns how to adapt to this shit here pretty soon, I've only been on it a month.

I take it for nausea from cyclic vomiting syndrome and it's the only thing that's working for my nausea. I been taking benzos for nausea for years but this stuff works even better. Its weird as shit but it's helped me a lot

The side effects ARE horrible, mostly the blurred vision, I'm hoping I build up a tolerance and my body learns how to adapt to this shit here pretty soon, I've only been on it a month.
Sorry to hear that. I went about a month on it, but my wife said it changed my personality so much that she insisted my doctor take me off it. I'm now on alprazolam for my odd IBS-like disorder and I don't get side-effects luckily, but I feel you... sometimes the benefits outweigh the cons.

As to your O.P. question, I really couldn't say. Might be something to inquire about in the Neuroscience sub-0forum, got some real bright folks over there when it comes to pharmacology.

Last edited:
Should be safe enough to combine however amitriptyline's antagonist action at 5HT2a may reduce DMT's effect.

I would caution that DMT could exacerbate your cyclic vomiting syndrome so becareful.

Should be safe enough to combine however amitriptyline's antagonist action at 5HT2a may reduce DMT's effect.

I would caution that DMT could exacerbate your cyclic vomiting syndrome so becareful.
Could also cure it for that matter - lol, I doubt dmt had been tested for this. I've seen it take someone from a puddle of pain screaming and vomit with endometriosis and cramps to smiling and able to run around.

You think its safe with an MAOI? (Smoked harmaline)

Sorry to hear that. I went about a month on it, but my wife said it changed my personality so much that she insisted my doctor take me off it. I'm now on alprazolam for my odd IBS-like disorder and I don't get side-effects luckily, but I feel you... sometimes the benefits outweigh the cons.

As to your O.P. question, I really couldn't say. Might be something to inquire about in the Neuroscience sub-0forum, got some real bright folks over there when it comes to pharmacology.
There is a big correlation between the brain and the gut it's wild that the brain can affect the rest of the body like this.
I'm gonna check in there ✅ thank you

I don't wanna get sick!!!
Could also cure it for that matter - lol, I doubt dmt had been tested for this. I've seen it take someone from a puddle of pain screaming and vomit with endometriosis and cramps to smiling and able to run around.

You think its safe with an MAOI? (Smoked harmaline)
It would be wild if it did cure it

I've used DMT on a SSRI without any noticible loss of effects. But they might differ from Amytryptaline so I can't really comment on them.
What I tend to do is not take my SSRI on the day I'll be getting high to try and minimise any interaction between them.

I've used psychedelics while prescribed imipramine which is a very similar drug. Couldn't tell the difference.