• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has anyone had experience with Celexa and Cannabis or even Celexa and other drugs?

darkstar01

Greenlighter
Has anyone had experience with Celexa and Cannabis or even Celexa and other drugs?

After taking Celexa for 5 days I've started having really bad visual hallucinations, so I stopped taking Celexa, I was wondering if anyone else has had this side effect when using weed or other drugs? Does the side effect go away? or get worse?

Suggestions and information welcome, smart-ass comments unwelcome. Thank you. :)

I have been off Celexa for 5 days now and I feel a lot better, weed doesn't give me a headache anymore now that I stopped taking the Celexa, and no more hallucinations, which is good, it's tough to act normal while fixing peoples computers and seeing shit move around the room that no one else can see. The weird thing is there's a possibility those were ghosts or something, lol. But let's just call them hallucinations and leave it at that.

Last edited:
What sort of hallucinations did you see? A friend of mine was on some medication, and said he saw spirits/dead ancestors and relatives; but he has PTSD or he had it then, and he does not take illegal drugs, and has never tripped, or smoked pot.

I saw people walking around, mostly staring at me and trying to get my attention. The clothing was older like from the 70s long hair was a man I think, one of them was older looking probably a woman from the face clothing not visible as the body was a shadow only the face was visible. None of these people were people I knew.

Mostly I saw shapes of people and orbs flying around.

Yeah it's not something you would expect from a anti-anxiety med right? Maybe it put my serotonin or whatever out of whack?

I used to like taking ambien and then smoking. I experienced slight hallucinations, like small shadowy movements, and I remember I had a digital alarm clock with those big red numbers, and I could make the time move about the wall... Not exciting, I know lol.

all of my hallucinations are including a girl with no eyes, an alien eating doritos, a boar look like santa, harry potter, and a duck with a coat. i know it's weird. XD

That is not normal lol...I'm prescribed 40mgs a day celexa and I constantly take other recreational drugs with it (of course research to avoid seritonin syndrome) and sometimes if I'm having a panic attack I double my dose to 80mgs and it kills my depression instantly and gives a nice buzz...but no hallucinations lol...I'd talk to your doctor about maybe finding a different antidepressant that might work better for you though imo celexa is one of the better ones for me, prozac they maxed me out and I felt nothing but everyone's different :)