• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Has anyone had any joy using Psilocybe mushrooms to mitigate Benzo withdrawal symptoms?

pally pete

Bluelighter
As per the title...

I've recently picked some Psilocybe Semilanceata (Liberty Caps) which I've used recreationally since about 1994... Has anybody used them to help with Benzodiazepine withdrawal? My only real concern is that they can lower your seizure threshold - which isn't a good idea when you're in Benzo withdrawal.

Thanks in advance.

Yikes, doesn't seem like the best thing to consume during benzo withdrawal, but I haven't attempted it personally.

In regard to benzo withdrawal, it truly seems like the only thing that helps is time.

I wouldn't suggest it. I had a very difficult 4-aco-dmt trip awhile back because of alcohol withdrawal. The psilocetin made me feel way too sober all of a sudden and negated the small amount of alcohol that was in my system.

I will never take a psychedelic again if I'm craving benzos or alcohol. It wasn't fun.

I wouldn't take a normal or large dose, might have a enjoyable day but at least for me the back aches after are hard and put withdrawals on top and your having a bad day. I'd try one or two bites, if I just have one or two its just enough to make it such a beautiful day.

I have no experience with taking psychedelics (if we do not count DXM and weed) while abstaining from benzos (7years, huge daily doses of alpra and diazepam) but it must be MINDBLOWING and also dangeroes.

I know it’s tempting to try to use psychedelics for withdrawal, but it seems anyone experienced in psychs has never tried it cause that little voice in your head is telling you it’s gonna make shit worse