• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Has anyone famous influenced your drug use n how so?

Haha, i cant imagine him being all pious and judgmental about drugs, he'd be one of the hypocrits alive if he was, so i can only deduce from that that he must have dissaproved of your order, or the manner in which you ordered you order. Or maybe he doesnt like Ozzies/ New Zealand accents. Infact as its impossible to know why he shook his head its best to ignore it completely. That's increasingly becoming my motto for any dissaproval directed at me when the cause is not obvious.

I thought OTW was joking lol

Evey

I have not but sounds well good. Just about watch the "Hunting Mr Nice" one just now - thanks for the shout! :)

Yeah if anyone out there hasn't seen "locked up abroad", as a bluelighter you will love it, they are true stories of people (usually drug smugglers) in foriegn countries telling the story of how they got mixed up in trouble and locked up in prison.

Does F+B count as famous? Within the BL monkey-sphere I would definitely think, or at least hope so. The good Bulbous sir's reports of exotic compounds certainly inspired me to try, or desire to try, many substances. My beloved Phenylmorpholines and Aminorexs spring to mind.

<3

I can't ever remember seeing a famous person or reading about them as a youth and thinking 'how coooool' which lead me to try weed, then later MDMA then later... blah, blah blah.

It was mostly my peers that 'influenced' me (not really influenced, I just did it because I was curious or was in a crowd of daredevils, there was no pressure). The people I mentioned further up, and drug culture in general became an interest after I had tried certain substances, I wanted to learn more of the drugs I was taking and then discovered or became fascinated with people who were famous that seemed like me, that had tried these things and had an understanding, then I'd explore their music, literature, theories and art more, and have more of an appreciation of them.

I remember liking Bob Dylan and Pink Floyd as a boy when I found cassettes in my dad's music collection, but after taking drugs not because they influenced me to, I suddenly realised and understood, the music changed forever as did a part of me.

Heroin Chic is an odd cultural touchstone. Part of me screams that it shouldn't exist, that Heroin is something not to be romanticised and that track-marks, tin-foil and acrid fumes should never be a fashion statement. However, every time I use I find myself acting in a very stereotypical way, and thinking in a very linear way - though I suppose that is linked to the whole: get up, get cash, score, use, pattern of behaviour.

What can I say, I like brushing my fringe from my face whilst nodding out to Comfortably Numb. :p

<3

Were supermodels actually walking down the catwalk with track marks as a fashion statement in the 90s!?! I thought they were just a bunch of pale faced skinny fuckers.

I've never found Kate Moss attractive at all. I've never been into or fantasised about celebrities in general come to think of it. Jenna Coleman is a girl that I do think is beautiful, she's my 'type' I'd say.

I'm increasingly finding it difficult to type as I'm becoming fucked, thank God I'm the only one here at work.

Just the usual type rock and electronic music that influenced me. Some old folk music

It didn't really influence my drug use but I've met Tim Booth from James. Really cool guy it was the first place they played the song about Tony Richardson who died. Some of my mates were even on the stage with them.

I've also shared a couple of brandies with Paulo Nutini. Another cool dude.

Just the usual type rock and electronic music that influenced me. Some old folk music

It didn't really influence my drug use but I've met Tim Booth from James. Really cool guy it was the first place they played the song about Tony Richardson who died. Some of my mates were even on the stage with them.

I've also shared a couple of brandies with Paulo Nutini. Another cool dude.

Funnily enough Saul Davies from James was my landlord when I rented a flat in Stirling with a bunch of mates when we were students, he too was a cool guy. His rule was 'do what the fuck you like in here, just don't smash the place up'. Place stunk of weed and stale alcohol most of the time.

Yeah mate they're one of the most underrated bands ever IMO. My mates were clearly smashed on pills and although they were by the look of it sober Tim Booth invited them on stage and my best mate at the time danced like a lunatic. Good times. <3

Heroin Chic is an odd cultural touchstone. Part of me screams that it shouldn't exist, that Heroin is something not to be romanticised and that track-marks, tin-foil and acrid fumes should never be a fashion statement. However, every time I use I find myself acting in a very stereotypical way, and thinking in a very linear way - though I suppose that is linked to the whole: get up, get cash, score, use, pattern of behaviour.

What can I say, I like brushing my fringe from my face whilst nodding out to Comfortably Numb. :p
Quite, life turns into a search for nice music to nod out to. Heroin is special. Poppies. Remember what wars are fought for kiddies!

Funnily enough Saul Davies from James was my landlord when I rented a flat in Stirling with a bunch of mates when we were students, he too was a cool guy. His rule was 'do what the fuck you like in here, just don't smash the place up'. Place stunk of weed and stale alcohol most of the time.
Wow! One of my rock gods. Violin? Government walls?

'Sometimes' by James was a bit of an anthem amongst my group of pals - used to be a 6am job back at someones flat after taking pills and dancing to techno all night, all up dancing and going nuts, trying to stay awake until the pubs opened! Good times.

Depeche Mode's 'Enjoy the Silence' and New Order's 'Blue Monday' or 'Bizarre Love Triangle' fall into the same category.

Jesus, I'm in the mood to just go out and get drunk.

I was 11 or 12 when i first heard Eminems 'my fault' and i never understood why he was rapping about giving a girl mushrooms when to me the only mushrooms i ever seen are the ones you buy in the supermarket. Then one of my older mates told me what he was on about and it intrigued me haha

'Sometimes' by James was a bit of an anthem amongst my group of pals - used to be a 6am job back at someones flat after taking pills and dancing to techno all night, all up dancing and going nuts, trying to stay awake until the pubs opened! Good times.

"Getting away with it" and "Runaground" were another couple of classic comedown tunes while you were still drinking wine and smoking spliffs :)

reading julian cope's autobiography aged 12 or so made me set my heart on trying LSD, he just made it sound so crazy and appealing