• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Has anyone ever tried barbiturates?

Used to take them back in the 70's and I loved them. My wife and I would split a Tuinal when we could pinch them from my aunt. However. I would never drink on them. Great way to get ridiculously wasted and possibly dead.

Hi everybody, I'm new on this intressting forum!

Once I got a can with phenobarbital, and took one pill (100 mg) and felt nothing, then we went out and got some beers... This was prescribed for epilepsy, here is also 5 mg-, an 50 mg-pills, so I think I can start with 100 mg. But then I forgot the can with pills and never tried higher doses. When I cleaned my grandmothers wardrobe, I found some sleeping pills, Amobarbital, and took 3 of these, but felt nothing. Maybe they was to old?

Maybe they used sodium thiopental as anesthetics to sleep down me, when is was a kid. Now have they only used propofol on me.

Last edited:
Hi everybody, I'm new on this intressting forum!

Once I got a can with phenobarbital, and took one pill (100 mg) and felt nothing, then we went out and got some beers... This was prescribed for epilepsy, here is also 5 mg-, an 50 mg-pills, so I think I can start with 100 mg. But then I forgot the can with pills and never tried higher doses. When I cleaned my grandmothers wardrobe, I found some sleeping pills, Amobarbital, and took 3 of these, but felt nothing. Maybe they was to old?

Maybe they used sodium thiopental as anesthetics to sleep down me, when is was a kid. Now have they only used propofol on me.
I have injected propofol a few times. I didn't think that it was worth the risk so I only tried it a few times, though.

I've tried numerous barbiturates but I gotta say; depending on the dosage of taking phenobarbital, it's quite pleasant - unless you want to go out and do something. however, just popping a movie in and sitting back and enjoying it, that's a different story. I get 120x32.4mg phenobarbital a month but it's not something you'd want to take daily because it really lags you out and doesn't have any anxiolytic properties.

anyway, I hadn't posted in awhile, I forgot I honestly had a username on here, I've been posting on DF but always preferred this site much more. if any of you have any questions about barbiturates feel free to shoot me a reply on this thread of a private message. (I'm a PharmD) so I can provide a lot more information than just on barbiturates.

..until next time!

I used to take phenobarbital, but those pills were so tiny it was easy (for me, at least) to take too many...in fact, I overdosed twice on them. It was one of those experiences where the high wasn't AT ALL worth the trouble I had afterwards. Actually, I never felt a distinct high from that shit. More of a weird, zombie-like sedation. Not really enjoyable.

But I fucking LOVE butalbital. Before they started tracking everyone's prescriptions, I'd go to 4 or 5 doctors (and hit up emergency rooms) to get lots of Fioricet. Usual dose for me would be about 8 pills. They just make me feel happy! Sure, they took care of my tension headaches, but they more importantly, they put me in the BEST fucking mood. Downside is, if you take too many your breathing is affected...which obviously is a bit...inconvenient. Because as we all know, breathing is rather important.

I helped clean
I’d love to try them but they’re impossible to come by. They’re not even prescribed anymore.
I help clean out a doctors office after he died when i was a teen and took a bunch of stuff ( anything that had a warning label) and one of the drugs was nembutal , yellow capsules i believe they were, they were chill pills basically, one or two with a beer and you were feelin good,

I have had phenobarbital, butalbital (comes in Fioricet), and I was lucky enough to find Secobarbitals back 2004. I knew this drug dealer, he literally had a suitcase of whatever pharmaceutical you want. He had 20 Seconals, so I bought 4. It's your typical hypnotic. Euphoric, but not overwhelming.