• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Has anyone ever had a really long MDMA hangover?

Bexter89

Greenlighter
Let me start this by saying I am fairly new to taking MDMA. Before this I had only ever smoked marijuana. Now to the story. I have rolled a few times before. 4 to be exact. First time was back in October and with the exception of one time I have spaced them out two months. Before this last time I hadn't done it since early December. So this time was a little different. For one it was the first time I had smoked weed and taken MDMA. So my roll felt a little muddled. Not bad though until after. I did it on Monday and it is now Friday and I am still struggling to feel normal. The last few days I have been super on edge and anxious. I do have trouble with anxiety anyway but I have never taken anything for it. I took 5-htp very day since. Today I feel a lot less on edge but still have trouble focusing and feeling normal. I don't feel sad or anything just nervous and I am starting to wonder if this is going away, which is a really scary thought. If anyone has advice or soothing thoughts that would be great. Thanks in advance.
P.S We did test first and I took a few vitamins before hand.

Last edited:
mdma hangovers can be really long it takes a long time for 5HT to be back to normal.
they can last up to a week.

Good to know. I haven't had this problem before but I did take a lot more than I ever have. Never again.

Happens to me just about every single time I take MDMA. I feel ok the next day but then depression kicks in on the 2nd day after taking it, peaks at day 4 and then gets somewhat better again. I'm usually 100% ok again about a week after dosing. I do dose on the high side of things and always end up smoking and drinking excessively as well. MDMA just gives me the urge to take more of everything I can get my hands on :/.

Have you tested your drugs with a testkit?

Some people are more sensitive to hangovers than others, so it's possible you are just susceptible to negative after-effects. You can't know for sure that it's really MDMA that's causing it without testing your drugs though, so first of all make sure you do that the next time. After that you might want to take a look at this thread, it provides some pointers on how to use MDMA responsibly. This might reduce the chance for a hangover. Welcome to bluelight!

Thanks guys! We did test we always do. I am normally much more responsible with dosage and mixing. I am not really depressed but my vision is a little off and I am definitely sensitive to light. So far this forum has been super helpful with the anxiety though so I am hoping it will all pass. I just wish I didn't have to work. I was hoping I could find someone who has had similar symptoms so I could be sure that something else isn't going on.

Try drinking plenty of water eating plenty of veg beans legumes etc and fruit. Also you should really take 100mg 5-HTP together with 400mg ECGC to aid absorption. Also consider some antioxidants like R-ALA, Quercetin, Grape Seed Extract and others from rollsafe.org during your next MDMA experience, I find they almost completely remove the brain fog/dumbness feeling you can get after dosing for a week or two

i personally am back to normal by the 3rd day. my hangover have never been unbearable, just the next day when i wake up i am in a complete state of confusion for about 1 minute. again, i can still function normally and everything but i am just a bit off