• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Has anyone else tried drinking soju?

simstim

Bluelighter
The soju that I have had was about 20% alcohol and had a flavor that was half way between vodka and sake. It was pretty tasty. Good clean buzz with no bad hangover.

Anyone else tried it or have any soju stories to tell?

url

Last edited:
I've got a bottle of lychee soju, 13% ABV. I'm not really a drinker but if I feel like having half a standard drink I'll pour myself a shot of that and mix it with some squash. Delicious and nice silky mouthfeel. I realise this probably makes me sound like a 15 year old lol

Back in 2004 a friend of mine brought it back from Korea and talked me into taking a shot. It was really strong (over 100-proof) and felt like drinking battery acid! Good times, lol.
Logically it is not possible for anything to be MORE than 100% proof. If it's 100% then you have pure ethanol.

I tried it few times but like the chinese one, which are almost identical, it is too strong, I prefer the other korean "wine" which is whitish and much less strong, I forgot the name anybody knows it?

I tried it few times but like the chinese one, which are almost identical, it is too strong, I prefer the other korean "wine" which is whitish and much less strong, I forgot the name anybody knows it?
the trick is to be a white girl and mix it with some lemon squash or peach iced tea, it's really nice then

I've got a bottle of lychee soju, 13% ABV. I'm not really a drinker but if I feel like having half a standard drink I'll pour myself a shot of that and mix it with some squash. Delicious and nice silky mouthfeel. I realise this probably makes me sound like a 15 year old lol
The lychee part sounds awesome. I always pick some up whenever I go to the Asian market.

I used to buy Chinese rice "cooking" wine that was 21% alcohol with no added salt and drink it. Food stamps at the Asian store too. Good times!

Logically it is not possible for anything to be MORE than 100% proof. If it's 100% then you have pure ethanol.
100 proof is 50%, Fixxy. You're thinking of 100% by volume, which would just be puree ethanol, so I suppose that'd be 200-proof.

I heard it comes from when sailors would test rum by setting it alight, as nothing under 50% volume will catch alight.

Sounds a lot like when I drink Wiener Blut. A warm and pleasant buzz, like someone gives you a hug. Lasts long and little to no hangover. Tastes like a sugared wine or grape juice with alcohol. Tastes good with a piece of good cheese.