• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Travel Has anyone done medical tourism (dental) in mexico?

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
So i’m thinking about getting a major overhaul on my teeth. Getting this done in the states seems like insanity with the price and time. I’m thinking i’m just going to slip over the boarder to one of those plush offices and get everything done at once. It’s way cheaper, uses the same hardware and is performed by dentist trained in the states. I need two implants, a crown replaced and two teeth repaired. I’m tempted to have them implant all easily visible teeth and f go at a hollywood smile.

thoughts? Anybody done this?

I've thought about it. They have a whole system set up around the border for it, hotels and border agents knowing you're traveling for dental, so it's common

The thing with crowns tho is you probably would need to go and get a temp crown and then come back a week later once they get the crown delivered, but maybe they thought of that and make them in 12 hours or something

I'd imagine it would definitely be multiple trips for implants, so you gotta price in travel and hotel costs

I've thought about it. They have a whole system set up around the border for it, hotels and border agents knowing you're traveling for dental, so it's common

The thing with crowns tho is you probably would need to go and get a temp crown and then come back a week later once they get the crown delivered, but maybe they thought of that and make them in 12 hours or something

I'd imagine it would definitely be multiple trips for implants, so you gotta price in travel and hotel costs

my uncle recently did this and is really happy with the expierince and results. But yes that’s what i’m concerned about is implants often require bone graphs prior to securing the “post”?

it’s only around 1600 US for an very nice implant.. so much cheaper then the states. My other uncle is a dentist so i texted him tonight to get his take. i’ll post it back.

I would just heavily research the place you are going to. Ideally you want an established with years of good reviews. Honestly I don't think it's much more risk then doing it in a 'first world' country. I had terrible work done that I paid some of the highest prices in the world for in a 'good' western country. Despite all the agencies and stuff to deal with it I still lost all the money and was left with having to pay for more expensive dental to fix it. That practice got closed down eventually but yeah, no where is 100%.