Has anyone been busted b/c of bluelight?

ScroogeMcDuck57

Bluelighter
Maybe you messaged the wrong person or said something incriminating. Has anyone's actions on the site led to their arrest? If so, what was that like? How's things turn out?

I have moved this over from 'Homeless' - I think support is the best forum so moderators/administrators can add any information etc.

Thanks
Bear

Ok thanks :). If it's not a cool topic I totally understand. I just thought it might be interesting for discussion.

yes, quite a few times

they mostly happened when internet was in it's infancy and our users were a bit more... naive

I don't feel like getting too specific today, but they had an infamous rave/meet-up that was plastered all over this board, bored LEOs decided to crash it, and many a BLers buzz was ruined

^ what axl said.

If you aren't plastering your location or specific contemporary activities that you are doing then you should be OK. Posting pictures of stashes of drugs or talking about dealing in the present tense is asking for trouble. People get away with it yes, but again as axl said, it will mark you as low hanging fruit for bored LEOs.

Furthermore if you are getting involved with any kind of drug transactions through this website, which first of all is against the rules, you should keep in mind that LE would have easy access to the whole "paper" trail if they were inclined to look for it. Very stupid to do that. Take it off site to a more private venue.

If you're looking to meet up with people use common sense.

Otherwise you should be fine.

IIRC, the raid was in Australia? We in Aus are used to relatively draconian drug enforcement, but as axl said, this was over 10 years ago. I think maybe 02/03?

The one (I think) axl is talking about was in Florida. I think there was at least one down under too. At least as my recollection of Bluelight lore goes.

That's good to know. I have no illusions that LE could track me down, but I doubt they'd go to the trouble. I'm not too worried, just curious about other people's experiences.

I kinda consider myself an arm-chair "BL Historian," so I'll answer these questions without trying to get too, too, specific...

I actually am not aware of any major busts in Australia for raving BLers (that doesn't mean it didn't happen)

I think you are thinking about the major BL bust that was a "rave" meet-up in Florida. it was a little earlier than willow indicated, and the name of the "rave" was Brown Rave 2

that really is ancient history, and even a bit before my time. since then, most of us have gotten more intelligent when coordinating meet-up parties ;)

that is the only big-name bust. however, I'm sure there have been a handful of stupid Greenlighters that have gotten roped in by a bored LEO behind the computer at his office

Right on. I originally heard about BL from a kid who later got popped with enough stuff to have a $40k bail only to be released a couple weeks later without charge. I never talked to him after I read that on the DOC web site; I always assumed he'd rolled over on someone, but I never found out for sure.