• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Has anybody ever shot up liquid oral solution methadone ?

My personal thought on plugging methadone - I am on Methadone, clonazepam and Seroquil. I have been horribly constipated for 10 years due to these drugs….to the point where I feel so uncomfortable that I stick a med gloved, ky gelled finger up there to fish stuff out for relief. The high described with plugging sounds great but 10 years of constipation makes me not want to add anything up there.
I literally celebrate when I get diarrhea once in a blue moon LOL. Just my 2 cents.

I know u probably don't need the info by now but I'll tell u my history with methadone syrup. I used to dose (80mg) at the pharmacy and then I would get a take away for the next day and take aways for sat and sun. I used to dose at the pharmacy then go straight home and I'd use a 28gauge butterfly tip with a 10 ml (cc) syringe because they have to water it down to 100mls. And as soon as I got home I would put music on and get my hype kit ready and tip the methadone into a bowl and I would use alcohol wipes to clean my last viable arm vein in both arms, then I would use water in the tube to draw back to make sure I got it and I'd draw up the 10cc up with some of the methadone (using a cotton filter) and shoot it down the butterfly's tubing, then draw more up and then shoot it etc etc until I'd done all 100mls and I would get a pretty decent high out of it and sometimes would start nodding off a little. I know one comment said it does the same as if u were to drink it but because I was taking two doses one right after the other I definitely got high from it ( I have never had or would ever have heroin, (because I know myself well enough to know I would be hooked on it the second I take it and my life would end up so fucked up if I started using heroin. But I've seen a lot of people on it who nod off so I'm assuming it's a little bit like that) Sometimes I used to mix like 2 or 3 points of meth with it so it was kinda like a weak/poor man's speedball I guess. But a lot of the time for some reason when I added the meth it would make my blood clot straight away when I drew back and after this happening a few times and not being able to shoot it up at all I had to just drink it (maybe something to do with the two chemicals mixing together and then mixing with my blood made it clot as soon as I drew back the blood it would clot straight away. It was very strange) but anyway when I didn't put the meth in I was just "double dosing"

But there are 4 reasons why I will NEVER shoot it up ever again. 1st) waking up like that with the needle sticking halfway out of my arm and blood runnings down to the ground scared the absolute SHIT out of me because although I had been on the nod from it before I had never fallen fully asleep before and I have no idea how long I was sitting there like that for. But long enough that some the blood on the floor had already started to clot and most of the blood that ran down my arm was dry. So a decent amount of time so I decided it was just too dangerous to ever do it again (especially doing it alone) 2nd) It always meant that I wouldn't have a dose for the next day which means I would start to go into withdrawal and that wasn't very comfortable. 3rd) I had blown the very last good vein I had in either of my arms so I'm no longer able to shoot up meth in my arm. I go for either the back of my hand or usually the really good vein I have on my boob that starts going straight across my breat starting just outside the areolas. (If any girls do try to use this vein in their boob for the first time they can bruise very easily which means it's harder to find the vein for ur next shot. But if u do decide to try ur boob u just need to kinda cuff ur hand into like a 'c' shape and squeeze around ur boob from the UK inside just near ur sternum and u should see them rise and u'll notice how decent they are. But I have to remember where it goes because as soon as u stop 'cupping' ur boob it goes down again) some girls I know who have tried it after I have shown them have said it hurt them too much but I don't even feel it.) 4 I'm not on methadone anymore I changed over to suboxone which meant I had to go into withdrawal for 48 hours which was absolute hell for me. I didn't take it very well. I can't even begin to imagine how people on heroin go without using for a day or two and it made me realise what some of my friends have had to go thru if they can't get any heroin or afford any. I only just swapped to suboxone two weeks ago after being on methadone for 8 or 9 years. And the reason I swapped over is so I can now go onto the Buprenorphine/sublocade subcutaneous injection which goes into the stomach once a month. This will mean I will no longer have to suffer from "liquid handcuffs" (methadone which I had to pick up and dose at the pharmacy 4 days a week), or have to suffer from the same thing having to dose and go to pharmacy to pick up 4 days a week. Both methadone and suboxone cost $30 a week for the pharmacy to dose me. And this once a month Sublocade is well what it is, it's ONCE a month and it's free. I cannot wait to swap to the Sublocade because I will finally be free again after like 10 years of dosing at pharmacy and getting one day and weekend take aways. I would be on the Sublocade by now because I've been on the suboxone long enough but the company that makes it had to throw out millions of dollars worth from one batch because one person made one small error in the paperwork so they had to destroy it. But the new batch should arrive in Australia in about 3 weeks. I'm fucking happy as and can't wait. Even tho they say it is quite painful the first two times just getting my freedom back will be amazing. I'll be able to travel interstate to see family without having to ask for permission from the clinic for either extra take away doses or having to find a pharmacy where I'm traveling to and dose there.

Anyway I completely got of track and got off the initial question there and went on a tangent about a whole different subject

Anyway shooting methadone, especially the syrup form is very very VERY dangerous especially if you are "double dosing" like I used to. It's quite a lot like heroin as in if u inject too much of it, it slows down ur breathing and ur heart rate, it makes u go on "the nod" and like I said I don't know how long I was lying hunched over on the couch for, but long enough for the blood to dry out and clot on the floor. And in some cases injecting methadone can cause death.

I seriously recommend u just take it orally and that u don't double dose (either by injection or by drinking it)

I know this question was posted last year and that the original person who asked the question has either drank it, shot it up already, sold it, or threw it away if it wasn't their prescription. But maybe my answer can help someone else looking for advice in the future about methadone and opiod replacements