• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin has any i.v. user encountered this, syringe possibly used r mayb new&a saline?help

mannyrevamped69

Greenlighter
has any i.v. user encountered this, syringe possibly used r mayb new&a saline?help

Sigh, ok so in a nut shell I was clean 4 years on methadone maitenence. Somethings led up met up with old friends. We partied. I was already drunk b4 bumping into them. So in past the insulin syringe TBD u-50 or u-100 insulin syringes I got had a white or orange cap on the back where u would push the plunger. I got so caught up in moment and so out of routine. I knew better than to share tools rigs pins syringe what ever u want call it. So the girl goes and gets new ones. I do believe she saw them come from a bag. But not sure if it was opened in front of her. In the past I remember the unused brand new syringes had a air gap towards the front of needle where if they weren't used nothing was in it the air gap between the black plunger and air then the head a needle tip. These ones I got and dumb caught in moment and that i used now that I'm clear headed I remeber there wasn't any air gap. It also didn't have that little cap at base u push to empty the syringe. Also b4 use when I inspected them and pushed the tip it almost seem like 1 drop of a saline type liquid exited the insulin syringe needles tip. Has anyone ever come across something like this before? Do they sound tampered with? When I used to use I remeber in most instances the numbers even fade when used almost by first use they ed started fading or rubbing off. These seemed brand new. I mean they even slid in skin like a hot steak knife would a stick of room temapture butter. I'm freaking out because I quit 4 years ago when I had caught hep c which thankful through medicine was cured and left the scene. Since I'm a returning vet who messed up lol I'm out scene so I'm unsure if something like that could indeed be normal or product defect or something. Sorry I hope info I gave gives best description because at this point I threw them out regret running into my old war friend ex girl friend to be more accurete and it happened where I sliped and now freaking out. Has any1 every experiance something like this with new TBD u-100 r u-50 insulin syringes that has the orange tips covering syringe. It's prob the most common type ones diabetics used. She says the guy she got them from was diabetic and took them out bag but we were totally drunk prior so she even admits she doesn't know if or r ember him opening the 10 pack bag in front of her. I hope this is in the right forum I'm new here. Wish this was around back ages ago. Any1 out there possibly that can rerasure me this could be a normal thing. Or does it sound tampered with. I regret it already lol cause either way now got wait atleast 3 months b4 can get a accurate std test and then 6 month and final 9 month. I'm a worry wart guess it's wat kept me alive in war scenarious over seas. Any and all info would help me out especially good news

You are right about the U-1oo's having a 3mm or so gap between the plunger and needle base as that was how I would be sure I got a new one out of my bag and not one I put back while high. Honestly I noticed that awhile back but your the first person I've heard mention it. The liquid that might have come out is a bad sign as well as they are always dry as a bone. Hope it's nothing..

if there was liquid, get tested - and remember, there's about a 2 week window period on that. if you're cool with them, maybe call and ask their status?

Obviously all you can really do is get tested and be thankful for the high-efficacy Hep-C cure that's around these days.

That said- all the syringes in Australia used to have that air gap, then the factory (not in Aus) that made them got shut down and now there's a bunch of different fits at the exchanges and some of them don't have the air gaps.

I know it's been said but it definitely sounds used. And those syringes with the gap also have some resistance to the plunger when pushing out the air bubble. Once the air bubble has been pushed out there's no resistance pushing the plunger.

So even if it was done dry (which it should be) and has the gap, if the plunger slides without a tiny bit of resistance I would be cautious because it's probably been used. And the ink on them shouldn't wear off after just one use so that isn't a good way to tell if it's new or not. It does wear off but from rubbing them like if you keep them in your pocket. It would seem problematic to have ink rubbing onto your hands while in the process of injecting.