• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Harm reduction, one time use on subs

Bbbrooke

Greenlighter
Hi guys! 33 year old female here. Please no judgment, this is harm reduction. Right now I’m using 2mgs of suboxone daily. I got ahold of some pharma opiates, I plan on waiting 24 hours after last sub dose to use a pill or two. For one day. I am aware I probably won’t feel a whole lot, but I’m on a mission as I’m sure most of you can relate. Can I continue my sub the next day??
I see a lot of conflicting info, I just want the truth, to keep me as safe as possible.

For what it's worth, I do this all the time and yes I do dose after 24hrs but only to keep WD at bay(which may just be a placebo mind game to waste my DOC..but I can tell you for sure until the 3rd day or more you won't feel the actual euphoria. It sucks and yeah I generally re dose my piece of 2mg sub as soon as WD starts kicking in. Like when I awake at 3AM sweating then I'm like ok now it's time for my switch to sub back on, I put under tounge go back to sleep, wake up for work at 5am feeling good & ready. It works well for me at the moment but it truly sucks wasting the pharma opioids so just wait as long as possible.

How long have you been taking subs daily?

I guess if you are worried about precipitated WD just make sure not to get back on the subs until you know for certain that you are kicking from the pharma opioids...just my 2 cents

For what it's worth, I do this all the time and yes I do dose after 24hrs but only to keep WD at bay(which may just be a placebo mind game to waste my DOC..but I can tell you for sure until the 3rd day or more you won't feel the actual euphoria. It sucks and yeah I generally re dose my piece of 2mg sub as soon as WD starts kicking in. Like when I awake at 3AM sweating then I'm like ok now it's time for my switch to sub back on, I put under tounge go back to sleep, wake up for work at 5am feeling good & ready. It works well for me at the moment but it truly sucks wasting the pharma opioids so just wait as long as possible.

How long have you been taking subs daily?
Thank you so much !!! I’ve been on subs for like 6 months to a year. However I guess I should also say that for the last week or so, I’ve been taking only .5 every other day (couldn’t afford my script yet). Getting my new script tonight. And I’ll be taking it consistently again.
Ok so say I take my last 2mg dose on a Tuesday morning, skip Wednesday, use opiates Thursday, back on sub on Friday? It will literally be 1 day, so I won’t be kicking the opiates…I probably will not do this again as it seems like a lot of trouble, but the obsession is already here.

The obsession is also what I and a lot of ppl here know all to well.

I think you will be fine with this plan. The sad part is that you will not feel those meds on Thursday, not at all the way you hope, the reality is that your subs are still going to override the meds. It would be much better to just skip a day from subs period with no other meds, maybe some Kratom..especially if you are just trying to make it to your next sub script.

Just remember the longer you wait after last sub the better off you will be with taking and actually feeling a pain med. AND most importantly do not take your sub until you know damn well the pain meds have worn off and starting to feel actual WD symptoms, to steer clear of precipitated WD.

If I am giving horrible no good advice someone please chime in, I am only giving my 2 cents from my own personal endeavors.

May take quite a bit longer than 24 hours to feel the other opioid? Which pharmaceutical opioid do you plan on using? Just know that if you have a little blue or green pill with an M imprinted on it, it isn't a pharmaceutical...

IME it takes at least one full week to feel the full strength of other opioids once you CT bupre. The pharma pills would be worthwhile if you could get clean for a few weeks and take them as a one off, but if you're never gonna get clean again, then they'll do little more than stave off WDs.

May take quite a bit longer than 24 hours to feel the other opioid? Which pharmaceutical opioid do you plan on using? Just know that if you have a little blue or green pill with an M imprinted on it, it isn't a pharmaceutical...
I am not sure if this is 100%..I have a family member who still gets 20mg and 30mg roxi with M imprinted straight from the pharmacy(if not I wouldn't dare, I have had accidental blackouts from fentanyl pressed 30s which was obviously a bad souce.)
Although I wouldn't be surprised because a few scripts back all of his 30s came in yellow and baby blue with different markings that I can't recall.

I am not sure if this is 100%..I have a family member who still gets 20mg and 30mg roxi with M imprinted straight from the pharmacy(if not I wouldn't dare, I have had accidental blackouts from fentanyl pressed 30s which was obviously a bad souce.)
Although I wouldn't be surprised because a few scripts back all of his 30s came in yellow and baby blue with different markings that I can't recall.

Well, meant as far as things one gets from anywhere other than a pharmacy.

Thank thank you everyone. I’ve seen a lot of conflicting info about when I can start my sub again, on Reddit a bunch of people are saying to just take it the next day as usual

I have access to both percs and Oxy, not too sure what milligrams. I would rather use the oxys , bc no Tylenol. And they are from the pharmacy.

Thank thank you everyone. I’ve seen a lot of conflicting info about when I can start my sub again, on Reddit a bunch of people are saying to just take it the next day as usual
Absolutely you can

As long as you still have sub in your system you aren’t going to get precipitated withdrawal

Short answer if you’re on maintenance-/ at least 3-5 days is easily safe.

Long answer-/ everyone is different. Half life on you could be 24 hours or could be 60 hours. Also is dose dependent

Even at the low end, if you metabolize quickly at 24 hours. Figure half of one dose is 1/2 after a day. It’s 1/4 dose left after 2 days. It’s 1/8 dose left after 3 days

It’s 1/16 left after 4 days. It’s 1/32 of a dose left after 5 days.

That’s for ONE dose. When you dose daily you have to add those doses from the day before and the day before that nd the day before that (….etc) and where they are at in half lives remaining.

Suffice it to say, you most definitely can dose your sub after a day or two off with absolutely no issues.