• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Dosing of Methamphetamine

watermelon14

Bluelighter
In the past I have only ever bought (and then binged on) 1 gram of meth at a time, just redosing continuously until the gram gets used up. However, this time I'm planning on making a bigger purchase at once since it's more cost-effective that way. I'm wondering what's the best way to dose it and space it out since I'm aware that continuously redosing several grams of meth is not the smartest thing to do in regards to harm reduction.

Would it be possible to take a small amount early in the morning and still manage to get some sleep every night that I take it (I have access to benzos to ease the comedown)? Or should I just accept the fact that I'll be awake for a few days with each dose I take?

Also, I'm used to shooting up as my ROA, but I'm seriously trying to completely stop with the needles. For harm reduction's sake, what's the "best" ROA? I'd guess orally - is there any difference as far as how I take it orally? Like if I dissolve some in a cup of juice and drink it versus putting some into empty capsules and taking it that way?

I'm aware that this entire post sounds somewhat ridiculous - I'm dead set on using several grams of meth but still concerned with harm reduction? What? I'd try to explain/justify myself but I don't really see a point.

Thanks in advance for any insight!!

I believe the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

If EVERYtime you had one gram you redosed compulsively until it was gone

How likely is that when you have multiple grams you wont do the same?

And your used to shooting up so you plan on both using less and taking it in a different way

I get it i wanna save money too but id hold on buying large amounts until you can demonstrate not binging on 1 g because if you go on a binge and end up in the hospital your gunna be out of way more money then you could save.

THere's nothing strange about reducing the harm of inherently harmful actions. It would be more strange to try to reduce the harm of actions which cause none.

d1nach is absolutely correct, buying drugs in bulk to save money is a trap. Even if you are already using a drug on a daily basis, having more on hand just leads to larger more frequent dosing, raising tolerance. And if you don't use a drug daily, running out is often the only thing preventing said behavior. Even without a hospital stay you will undoubtedly end up spending more money, especially after your habit and tolerance level up.

In fact, when I order benzos online(don't use habitually) I generally only order blotters and pills even though they are much more expensive per dose unit than powders, because otherwise I will quickly raise my tolerance to a level where I am actually dosing so much that its costing me more than if I had just used blotters as a check on how much I am taking. I can stretch 100mg of clonazolam on blotters a lot further than 100mg of clonazolam in powder.

I believe the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

If EVERYtime you had one gram you redosed compulsively until it was gone

How likely is that when you have multiple grams you wont do the same?

This is so true, I have tried to do the same thing as the OP more than a few times and never followed through with my plans. Humans are animals of habit. It makes us into who we are and dictates the things that we'll do.

Orally Methamp would be so underwhelming to you and feel like you wasted your money forget that, especially if you are used to IV. You will quickly go back to IV. I would say if you don't mind it burning like hell and a less intense high that lasts longer try to snort it, otherwise smoke it if you want to keep some of the intensity.

As for buying drugs in bulk, I feel you, I always had that fear of "running out of drugs" if you know what I mean. So I always had shit ton of drugs enough for a whole god damn year of personal use.

Your pattern of use seems quite different from mine though, I used to experiment and use occasionally out of boredom, you seem to have a more compulsive pattern. So in your case, maybe you could buy 3 grams but give yourself a challenge to snort it or smoke it all.

Forget the idealistic vision of using Meth orally and let's be realistic (who the hell doses Meth orally anyways). Even if it means on a binge, it will be a great step into harm reduction. So don't worry if you binge it man, just walk your talk and get off that IV habit, you can do it.

Last edited:
Orally Methamp would be so underwhelming to you and feel like you wasted your money forget that, especially if you are used to IV. You will quickly go back to IV. I would say if you don't mind it burning like hell and a less intense high that lasts longer try to snort it, otherwise smoke it if you want to keep some of the intensity.

This is total bullshit. Oral meth is great(and this is coming from someone who does IV drugs, including meth), but everything I am about to say could also be applied to nasal use vs IV, but I prefer oral to nasal you just won't get as much out of your $$ with oral which is the real drawback, but if you have a half decent connect then meth should be so cheap it doesn't really matter. The real draw of shooting meth is the rush, an hour after shooting it there is no benefit other than increased BA, and in fact there are a LOT of drawbacks, IV meth leads to negative side effects such as anxiety MUCH more quickly, and makes the comedown 10x worse, oral meth is smooth, the high keeps building towards the peak its not a downward ride from the very beginning. If you are prepared to sacrifice the rush then snorting or eating meth allows you to enjoy the high for soooo much longer. Once you've adjusted your dose to account for differences in BA, 90 minutes after dosing oral meth will feel SOO much better than IV. In fact part of the reason people will continue to re-dose over and over when shooting meth is to chase away those negative feelings that come as shortly as 2-3 hours after doing the first shot(and just increase in frequency from there). It's really easy to dig yourself a big hole really quickly when shooting stims, something you just don't have to worry about as much with oral meth, you can take your dose in the morning, make it sufficiently large, and you'll be enjoying the crescendo for hours to come with a much smoother comedown on your way to actually sleeping. Shoot meth in any quantity for longer than 2 days and you'll be a twacked out geek monster, unable to properly interact with the world, you can easily eat/snort meth from friday to sunday night without feeling to bad or looking like a lunatic to everyone around you.

I'm not sure you do feel the OP, he's just trying to get a better price, not have an everlasting supply. And honestly, you don't sound like you have much experience either shooting or eating meth(but maybe I am wrong here, and you just can't empathize since you don't seem to have an issue with compulsive dosing). I imagine you are a smoker and are projecting your feelings towards that onto the OP. If he is trying to break his needle habit he needs to get away from the rush, not try to substitute it by smoking. If anything if he tried to switch to smoking he would be underwhelmed, but it would jumpstart that itch and he'd be loading up his rig half an hour, he should just commit to giving up the rush.

Last edited:
Apart from Coolwhip's statements on IV which seem accurate, this doesn't make much sens to me. I honestly don't see how you can enjoy oral, if you binge on IV... that oral feels better is quite surprising to me... not sure everyone would agree with that statement but hey I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Also I believe it's very subjective, you might prefer a smoother and more subtle long lasting chatty high, while others prefer something more intense and find other ROAs more euphoric.

And you are right, I do lack experience - Meth never was my drug of choice, and I only oraled once or twice and I was already high on psychedelics (2CB). If you wonder, I was snorting it - this might seem f*cked up but I liked the burning effect, it was like dare thing to me. My tweaker friends were smoking it, and use to ask why I don't smoke it instead (hate smoking and fear needles). As far as I know, the rush of euphoria is why you would be doing IV in the first place. And ice comedown is a b*tch, doesn't matter how you take it - you will feel like shit.

This is turning into another ROA debate, so I'll leave it there, answer to OP's question on which ROA is the best for harm reduction purposes : oral and nasal.