• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Harm reduction: Could 2C-B Hbr be the cause of these symptoms?

ThreeOverFive

Greenlighter
I love 2C-B, and have taken it frequently over the course of several years. Previously I had only used Hcl, but my latest acquired batch is Hbr.

I'm not a chemist, nor do I have any education in natural sciences, so I don't have the competence necessary to evaluate whether continued use of this batch can be considered safe. That's what brings me here.

A few months ago, I had two eruptions of cherry angiomas (also known as Campbell de Morgan spots or senile angiomas). In total about 20 larger, distinct cherry angiomas appeared, as well as several hundred smaller red spots, each smaller than 1mm in diameter, which I suspect are also cherry angiomas on a smaller scale. Each eruption happened over the course of a handful of days following considerable doses of 2C-B Hbr. I'm a 28 year old male, so this amount of suddenly appearing cherry angiomas would not be considered characteristic.

Exposure to bromides has been suggested to be linked to development of cherry angiomas: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11244231/.

This makes me wonder whether the hydrobromide in the 2C-B Hbr could be relevant, alternatively other impurities present in the product.

Any thoughts?

No, I don't think that is from the 2cb. It's very well known, fairly popular for a long while and has even been studied back in the 80s. It's not really an "rc" like the rest of the alphabet soup. Never heard any rumors of any impurities in any 2c ever doing anything like that. Anyway if you are sure it was 2cb, no chance.

It is possible if any elemental Bromide ended up in the product, but I'm not sure whether that would really be feasible or not given the synthesis of 2C-B.

There are synthetic routes which produce 2c-b hbr and have very little in the way of purification beyond washes and recrystallization. You know when you get 2c-b hcl that at least an A/B was done which would ensure the bromine is gone. Your theory is very possible.

-GC