• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Relapse Hardest drugs to stay away from and how do they fit into your cycle of addiction?

elgoucho9

Bluelighter
Been thinking about this alot lately. I've stayed sober for 8 days now after coming off the back of a 3 week bender on heroin cocaine booze and benzos.

Since I came off the heroin cold turkey, I had been wondering about a box of diazepam to help stave off the withdrawals. But in the end deemed it a bad idea. In the past alot of times valium has lead to me drinking or taking cocaine, with its lowered inhibitions.

I also find alcohol just as much of a trigger as valium. 4 cans deep and I'm easily lead to taking cocaine/crack.

During Recovery i always seem to crave valium for the muscle relaxing and anti anxiety properties. Like I know for sure a few diaz and I'd be feeling brand new right now. Equally the risk I'd be running of it landing me back at square 1 is just not worth it.

I have friends who are caught up in similar scenarios but unable to see their own behavior cycle and identify it's triggers.

I'm sure loads of other people must have similar triggers and not even realise it. Specifically benzos in my area seems to be a massive trigger among hard drug users.

I’m very similar. Alcohol and benzos (specifically Xanax) will trigger my coke addiction very quickly. I’m 22 days sober and I still crave my Xanax.