• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hard water and Fibromyalgia

Fairy of the Flowers

Greenlighter
I've been talking to someone who seems to know about the body and he messaged me to tell me about ways to help my fibromyalgia one was to stop drinking tap water and only drink bottled water as tap water damages muscles and we have hard water here in South of UK, so much so my kettle is full of limescale

Also I love hot baths and he says they are bad too as hot water drinking it in tea etc or bathing in it is bad

This is his explanation

Hot water isnt good for your fibromyalgia, warm water is best, the hot water (tap is worse) heats up the body causing the fibres to over work causing stiffness in the mornings and irritated sleep patrerns through discomfort

And high ph cold tap water is not good for you, the hydrochloride salts in the blood dry out calciums responsible for joint movement & thybroids are responsible for making these muscles work, the hydrochloride in water is different, its a chemical that causes stiffness to sensitive fibromyalgia muscles & receptors enlarged fibres for the body & joints, its like the stomach being to full of food body effect, basically.

Does this make sence to anyone, I drank bottled water last night lol

Some info I found

This is really interesting as my hair is dry

The bloke told me to install a water softening system, which I obviously can't afford, but it seems by that article that soft water isn't that good either as has lots of sodium salt and I eat to much salty stuff as it is lol

Think I'll stick to cheap bottled water when I can afford it as even those water filter jugs don't help turn hard water into soft water

Thanks @Coffeeshroom

This is really interesting as my hair is dry

The bloke told me to install a water softening system, which I obviously can't afford, but it seems by that article that soft water isn't that good either as has lots of sodium salt and I eat to much salty stuff as it is lol

Think I'll stick to cheap bottled water when I can afford it as even those water filter jugs don't help turn hard water into soft water

Thanks @Coffeeshroom

Buy distilled water. Reverse osmosis if you cant find that. Most bottled water is essentially just tap water.

I'm getting told now that it's the hot and cold water relating to fibromyalgia is all bollox lol, which is good as the heat thing really helps my fibromyalgia and to be told not to have hot baths pissed me off as I love hot baths, I have a hot water bottle on my feet all the time, and the other day I had it behind my neck as my neck hurt so bad

But its a thing that alot of people with fibromyalgia have heard and so many of them have spent loads of money drinking bottled water and its not helped thier fibromyalgia

And they all swear by heat pads and hot water bottles etc

Good as I tried a warming neck long bean bag thing my friend put in her microwave and I put it around my shoulders and neck and it helped so much