• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Hard headed for psychedelics of any kind?

Lysergic_Dreams

Bluelighter
I've been googling about this for a couple days now but havent really gotten any definitive answers, but are some people born with a natural tolerance to psychs? is it the mindset they are in before they take them? me personally, i have a feeling that knowledge is my burden when it comes to these drugs. i spend so much time reading on these forums and different books and stuff about psychedelics that i feel like my mind already expects the feelings and i dont experience as much. I've take 9gs of the strongest shrooms i've had and i could compare it to a 200-300ug LSD trip. I space each time out correctly aslso, so im not really sure. Does anyone else have this issue?

There is no question that certain persons have a much much lower tolerance to psychedelics than others — it's a very individual thing. I always advise people to start small and inch forward. The main thing is having the patience to take the time necessary to discover one's own tolerance. IMHO, best to be quite deliberate in one's approach when experimenting with psychedelics.

:)

Last edited:
First, Are the mushrooms dried? Could be a dumb question but I never had dried mushrooms until I was in my 20s and had been tripping for years.

Also, yeah, some folks just need more. One thing for Shrooms is I noticed I could feel nothing, and like they were duds. Over an hour may go by. Then I smoke a joint or something and it smacks you upside the head like a multi dimensional brick off Terrance McKenna's tombstone.

Are you on any meds?

Antidepressants (or anything else that inhibits the re-uptake of serotonin) will decrease the intensity of psychedelics to some extent, benzos even more so, and antipsychotics (or other substances that block 5HT2A) can basically prevent you from tripping altogether.

Individual tolerance is certainly a thing. Also individual tolerances to different psychedelics, while I find LSD very mentally deep and introspective, I can eat a ton of it without getting overwhelmed or getting the feeling I could be overwhelmed; it feels stable and that I am in control.

With mushrooms, even at low doses I always have this little feeling that I am mentally vulnerable; even if I'm feeling calm and great one minute, the next second something could throw me fuck off. Its like I'm walking a tight rope mentally during the trip.

My ability to tolerate less-than-deal settings with LSD is waaaaayyy higher, with mushrooms I find it difficult to even speak to people. If I'm even momentarily in a bad setting with mushrooms I need to GET OUT ASAP or the trip is going south.

My girlfriend is almost the opposite, she's overall very sensitive to psychedelics but doesn't find shrooms to be particularly intense and LSD really throws her off.

Are you on any meds?
None at all, when i was 13 i was put on a lot of anti psychs like lithium cause i had some really... really... really fucked up psychiatrists who couldn't realize a single thing, but its been about 6 years now and im totally mentally sober(that is to say,not psychotic. Never was) with Generalized Anxiety/Depression. I take adderall here and there for college but i've found even on the times i've tripped where i forgot i had taken my morning adderall, i still had a good time. I always have such a good time with LSD and i have never had a bad trip.

I've come across some of the purest stuff i've ever had, 25 tabs of it too.
Not to make this post seem redundant, but still out of every single trip i've had, which i've lost count at this point i have to basically take an astronomical dose to be sent to space. I've even done DMT a couple times and, in comparison LSD takes me farther. It seems im doing something wrong here. All my stuff is tried and tested (with kits) by fellow psychonauts amongst my friends and they have the most intense experiences of their lives.