• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hand swollen after IV heroin

Aurelius86

Greenlighter
I just shot up in a vein I?ve used before right below my hand on the inside of my wrist. I pulled back sand blood came into the syringe so I thought I was in the vein but when I pushed the plunger down and all the sudden my hand got hella hot and tingly and now my hand is bright red and so friggin swollen. I don?t know what I did. Any ideas ?

You probably went through the vein as you were injecting. Please seek medical attention ASAP.

The tingling could be because you hit a nerve. I shot meth into my wrist once and my finger is still a bit numb. And this was over two months ago.

How is it now?

Agreed. I still experience slight numbness in parts of my hands and I've not touched a needle for nearly a decade. Shooting in your hands is not recommended.

Lil late but hopefully not too late, could be swelling from internal bleeding or an infection, either way like Phantasia said seek medical attention ASAP

It ended up going away after about 3 days. After the initial Burning sensation that only last a few min. My whole hand was just super swollen and red for the next couple days. I?m assuming I must?ve went through the vein like Phantasia mentioned and I think I hit a nerve or maybe a tendon. Something that was irritated by he needle and having heroin injected near it. Friggin sucked for the next 3 days cause my hand was huge an I?m a guitarist and play in a band. Which I was unable to do with my giant hand haha. I?ll definitely never shoot up in that spot again that?s for sure.